Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my JDM replacement NA engine in my car. Supposedly they come with somewhere between 35k to 45k miles on them, anything special to look for or be weary about? Oh yeah the car drives just fine, but I am just wanting to take precautions to save money in the future. I hear MHGs are good to have, anything else?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Turbo's are nice to have, but ya in all seriousness a mhg is good make sure all your hoses are good, just normal stuff like that.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I mean, I had a reputable shop do the work for me, and will probably go to them for everything I can't do. And they replaced several things such as water pump, oil pan etc etc. Just curious cause alot of people that post have problems with their engines, and mine has no modifications and the most I will do in that regard may be an exhaust and intake system. I am not a street racer...yet. The car is my only one so I want to keep it in good running condition. Do BHGs happen to anyone or just the guys running 500 hp?

·
Registered
358 Posts
They can happen to anyone at any power level, causes are stuff like over heating and detonation. The original Toyota head gaskets just weren't very good. If you do end up getting a mhg put in get some arp head bolts or head studs too. The water pump replacement was a call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts