Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come On Guys Does Anybody Know Someone Who Has Used A Jdm Ecu With A Us Harness? I Dont Want To Start Messing With Wires And Figuring Out Stuff...

I Think Jdm Ecus Read High Imp Injectors So I Just Have To Remove The Resisotor Pack And Hard Wire At Terminal.

Jdm Ecus Are Map Sensor But I Am Using Vpc So That Should Work.

But What About Terminals Are They Completely Different Or Same?

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
im not sure if you'll run into problems using a US harness with the JDM ecu, but i know the JDM ecu requires high impedance injectors, US injectors are low impedance, so leave the resistor pack in there.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Here, Here, Here!

I have a JDM ECU with a US Harness and US Injectors. The only thing is that the JDM ECU can't control the 550's so you'll need some type of Piggyback - I"m using the Greddy eManage Blue. Works great! Everything with the JDM ECU and US Harness was plug-n-play.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL,, cool..

Thats all I needed to know thanks.!!!!

Ill be pm u begone If I run into problems thanks

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
The only thing is that the JDM ECU can't control the 550's so you'll need some type of Piggyback.
not true man, there are plenty of guys here running the US injectors on the JDM ecu with no piggyback, it just needs a reset and a few kms to work out to lean on it a bit.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
not true man, there are plenty of guys here running the US injectors on the JDM ecu with no piggyback, it just needs a reset and a few kms to work out to lean on it a bit.
Interesting. They tried it but it was running really rich - so they went the eManage Route. Well there you go.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Either way I still have to use piggybacks cuz I am trying to use 98lb inj on my set up with vpc (b)Chip and gcc..So ill see what happens.. The only reason I wanted to know if we could use a jdm ecu, is that I need to double check my g-force ecu cuz It has like 7 different chips and I dont have a stock ecu anymore. One of the problems that I had with the g force ecu was when i first started my car my afrs where perfect around 13.4-14.2 for about 20 minutes then it started to climb more and more until it shut off.... So when I went back to starting the car it would start but the afrs would stay at 10.0 at idle and the ecu would not make any corrections... So thats why I want to install the stock ecu but all i got is a jdm version,...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts