Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people actually have got the jdm folding mirrors working.(folding electrically)

Im thinking about buying a set for myself.

thanks

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
4-5 sets I know of working... probably another 4-5 waiting to be installed.

Mine fall into the latter category... very low on the priority list right now.

·
on vacation
3,062 Posts
S-AFC>folding mirrors. The "SAFC" can be swapped with almost any other part over $15.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
im looking for some myself....please tell me where to get a set...please!!!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
E-Bay

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have them.. and ebay is even cheaper, don't even wanna install that now.. a waste of money IMHO.
:)

buit for some cities like San Fran.. it's a good to have.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine work too :D but only coz its a import frmo japan..

damn i forgot to take some pics for a dude ... of the wires.. i had better find the digi cam and do so :violin: my bad

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good, people actually got them working.
IM gonna get a set for myself.

Can some make a diagram of the wire connections.

thanks a bunch

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
mine work, took me 9 hours, very cramp ass garage

G

·
ri0tvenom said:
mine work, took me 9 hours, very cramp ass garage
yep it doesn't seem like it, but its A LOT of work, you have to feed the wires through the door and that is by far THE biggest pain in the ass

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
Ok, you guys got them working, BUT, did you find a solution to the magnification being on the wrong side(pfm being made for a rhd car)? Our last rental car was a Kia Sephia and eyeballing it the mirrors looked like a pretty good replacement. I got my REAL cheap, going to be painted soon, but who knows when I'll get around to wiring them. Oh, did anyone elses come with 4 mounting bolts for each, and one being a very long bolt that doesn't screw all the way in? I figured it was for more support since the mirrors weigh so much more than the other ones but it can't support anything if it's not screwed in all the way.

G

·
punkybooster89t said:
Ok, you guys got them working, BUT, did you find a solution to the magnification being on the wrong side(pfm being made for a rhd car)? Our last rental car was a Kia Sephia and eyeballing it the mirrors looked like a pretty good replacement. I got my REAL cheap, going to be painted soon, but who knows when I'll get around to wiring them. Oh, did anyone elses come with 4 mounting bolts for each, and one being a very long bolt that doesn't screw all the way in? I figured it was for more support since the mirrors weigh so much more than the other ones but it can't support anything if it's not screwed in all the way.
yea, i fucked my mirrors by forcing this screw in (now there's a bump on the driver's side)

i've heard the euro folding mirrors bolt right in, and are LHD

G

·
SupraBadBoyMKIII said:
i heard from mike anderson who has a pair of each jdm and euro that its not interchangeable....
i thought they were the exact same shape, only the euros are not power folding?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts