Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

New to the forum as I finaly get to own me a 1996 6MT RZ-S

My car is landing on port next month and needed to know if the JDM headlights come with the DOT/ SAE markings? im assuming the beam pattern is facing the wrong way but hoping the lights will come with the markings as i hear some of them may actualy have, Or if i need to buy some USDM ones

also if anyone in Metro Vancouver can reccomend a lenient shop for OOP that would be greatly appreciated ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Headlights are not DOT. My experience from a 1993 RZ.

Car being 15yo, it should be exempt as per the Form 1 from Canada customs...just go to a shop that undrestand this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not sure where to get an inspection in Vancouver but my 94 RZ still has the JDM headlights. Passed just fine by the previous owner. Inspection was done at Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...
always thought DRLs were mandatory and was planning on wiring those up, but yah just saw this on transport canada website, and can use it to argue the non DOT headlights lol thanks

Vehicles built after December 1, 1989, that operate without DRLs are either:

United States licensed whose drivers are visiting Canada
have a broken or disconnected DRL function; or
were imported when they were more than 15 years old, (the federal government does not have jurisdiction over these)
Provincial/territorial governments have complete authority over the road system and its use, including the licensing, operation and maintenance of vehicles

·
Registered
19 Posts
hmm...
always thought DRLs were mandatory and was planning on wiring those up, but yah just saw this on transport canada website, and can use it to argue the non DOT headlights lol thanks

Vehicles built after December 1, 1989, that operate without DRLs are either:

United States licensed whose drivers are visiting Canada
have a broken or disconnected DRL function; or
were imported when they were more than 15 years old, (the federal government does not have jurisdiction over these)
Provincial/territorial governments have complete authority over the road system and its use, including the licensing, operation and maintenance of vehicles
Exactly, when I did my first import I was in Quebec and that's how I argued. They understood and pass the car...it was a pissing match but they agreed at the end.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Interesting. So even if you imported one to BC and moved to Quebec they wouldn't do an OOP and allow it in. That would be rough

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys

New to the forum as I finaly get to own me a 1996 6MT RZ-S

My car is landing on port next month and needed to know if the JDM headlights come with the DOT/ SAE markings? im assuming the beam pattern is facing the wrong way but hoping the lights will come with the markings as i hear some of them may actualy have, Or if i need to buy some USDM ones

also if anyone in Metro Vancouver can reccomend a lenient shop for OOP that would be greatly appreciated ?
Did you get your car?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts