Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the specs on the mines ecu on the jdm supra motor. The motor is stock twins but it had a hks boost controller of some sort. Anyone have info please post it.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
grim pretty much nailed it.
it will run rich and definitely run safe up to the max boost you can throw at it.

you can get MiNE's to do specifically what you want though so 2 mine's ecm could be different.
there is a serial number on the plaque and if you contact mines they will tell you what is done to the ecu.
although good luck with that they never replied to me when i emailed them in english :)

[edit] corrected misinformation.

·
Super Moderator
10,379 Posts
it removes lean spot in odb1 and it will run rich and definitely run safe up to the max boost you can throw at it.

you can get MiNE's to do specifically what you want though so 2 mine's ecm could be different.
there is a serial number on the plaque and if you contact mines they will tell you what is done to the ecu.
although good luck with that they never replied to me when i emailed them in english :)
OBD-I and OBD II are strictly US/north american market cars. I have not personally witnessed any sort of 'lean spot' with Jspec ECU's from Aristos or Supras, either.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
it removes lean spot in odb1 and it will run rich and definitely run safe up to the max boost you can throw at it.

JDM's do not have a lean spot and they are MAP-based... You are confusing a JDM Mine's ECU to a GeForce ecu.

To the OP, there is no telling what the Mine's ECU have, it could have a map for bigger injectors, 8000rpm rev limit etc.. But most have boost cut and rev limiter removed and a higher rev limit. I had one that had a 7500rpm limit and one that didnt have a limiter at all.

You can send an e-mail to mines with the sticker number and hope they reply, they are the only one that has the info what the ECU has been done to. The plague serial does not tell them anything, you need the send the Mine's Stickers serial to them.

http://www.mines-wave.com/english/INQUIRY_E.htm

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...no one has a hookup with mines., where we could get results faster?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Ok...no one has a hookup with mines., where we could get results faster?
Mines products aren't that popular in the US. One of my friends had a 1j mines ecu and was trying to contact them for months to get some info and got no reply.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you think its safe to run the ECU with the "octane" we have here in the states? Maybe it was tuned for 100 octane etc.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts