Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just purchased a "jdm motor" for very cheap. but i was wondering if there is a way to tell the difference from jdm to one pulled from a wrecked car here. it looks ok but the bottom end had a little rust on it like it sat in a junk yard.
thanks for the help.

·
make that blkGT4294 LOL!
827 Posts
Different throttle body cable bracket, and heater core hose is on the opposite side too.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
prism1 said:
hey guys i just purchased a "jdm motor" for very cheap. but i was wondering if there is a way to tell the difference from jdm to one pulled from a wrecked car here. it looks ok but the bottom end had a little rust on it like it sat in a junk yard.
thanks for the help.
I see you are in Fresno, be careful - i've encountered some so called engine suppliers actually piling junkyard engines in the back of their pickups at pick and pull here in the bay area....and reselling them.. Shinwa is one of them - Attarco once sold me a piece of crap as well...

Check for egr and heater hose ...if the engine is out, I would definitely open the oil pan and heads to look inside..that will tell u a lot.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
also, the vacuum fitting for the brake booster will be facing toward the passenger side of the engine bay instead of toward the firewall, if it's a JDM motor.

-shaeff

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got one from StreetImports it was JDM (JUNK DUMPING MARKET) It Had pieces of aluminum in the intake ports And BHG on 2 cylinders and missing alot of pieces. Rebuild what you have.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have pics of the hose where its suposed to be on jdm. or anything like that. pics would really help me. thanks

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Just look for that EGR, I'm going JDM cause of it Lol. EGR's SUCK.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry about this its a newbie question but whats the egr and wheres it at.
also my motor is a n/a thanks again everyone

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
EGR is located on the back corner of the head, on the intake side. It sorta looks like a flying saucer and connects in 2 places. If you don't have it you should have a factory block off plate on the back face of the head, covering the hole for which the gasses would re-circulate. It's a small plate, diamond in shape, and fastenned by 2 bolts.
eric

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
What h^e said

1 - 15 of 15 Posts