Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Lurker
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you may know already. I'm currently getting my car painted and what I thought was going to be a 2 week process has turned out to be a 1 1/2 month and still ongoing project. Anyway, so the guy painting my car isn't really the greatest with keeping communication and he loves to go for weeks at a time without contacting me. I found out that he drove my car with the targa loose and ended up damaging it so he purchased a new one and replaced it and I found out about it 2 weeks later. The job isn't as great as I was anticipating and I have come to know the guy as a compulsive liar. Anyway, I went to take a look at my car a few weeks back and I noticed that my tail lights looked a little different. I have JDM tail lights but I can't help but notice that the passenger side seems to be a lighter shade compared to the driver's side. I recall seeing pictures of my car during sanding/priming and he only removed the passenger side tail light and left the rest intact. I'm afraid that he might have damaged my passenger side light and replaced it with a USDM version. Anyway, you guys be the judge and please let me know.. or are my eyes just playing tricks on me?

Here's a teaser pic... ALMOST done.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
1) dude i cant believe you painted over the burgandy color! it was the hotness! but the black does look nice...

2) that is definitley a usdm light and your theory of why sounds like it would be inline with the rest of the antics....i would definitley investigate more.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
IdealSupra said:
1) dude i cant believe you painted over the burgandy color! it was the hotness! but the black does look nice...

2) that is definitley a usdm light and your theory of why sounds like it would be inline with the rest of the antics....i would definitley investigate more.
ditto.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
definitely a difference especially if he has damaged your targa, who knows what else he damaged.

Best way to tell is looking at the bolt threads, freshly removed ones will be obvious..

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Here's a shot of my buddy Lewis' tails, he just tapes them off and painted them with a good brand of spray paint. I think they came out pretty awesome. It would be an easy way to fix the problem if you don't get anything resolved.

·
Lurker
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
definitely a difference especially if he has damaged your targa, who knows what else he damaged.

Best way to tell is looking at the bolt threads, freshly removed ones will be obvious..
I thought I was going crazy all along. Can you go into further detail by what you mean by checking the bolt pattern? I want to be able to show him when I pick up my car. Thanks for all the replies!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
looks usdm..

·
Registered
789 Posts
it does look different but it could possibly be a shadow. however judging from what you said about this guy, it wouldn't surprise me if he did break your tail light and not tell you also...

fatboy said:
you should punch that guy in his face!

:) ;) :D
i second this

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
looks usdm to me.

btw.. what side of san jose are you never seen your supra before.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
It's extremely evident that the two tail lights are different. Look at how the reflector in the center of the pass side light almost blends in with the color of the rest of the lense while the reflector on the driver's side is unmistakebly brighter than the rest of the lense.

Sounds like a case of small claims court to me...

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
mk34o8 said:
I thought I was going crazy all along. Can you go into further detail by what you mean by checking the bolt pattern? I want to be able to show him when I pick up my car. Thanks for all the replies!
What you do is pull the grey cover from inside the hatch and access the tail ligh5t that you think was removed/replaced.
Look at all the bolt threads holding the tail lights : If they were replaced, the threads will look cleaner ( that place collects dust quite a bit and you will know ) and u can compare with the one that is still jdm .

Also look for signs around tail lights to see if there is a trace mark ...it will show if it was removed.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
looks usdm to me.

btw.. what side of san jose are you never seen your supra before.
He's part of BAS, we all around San Jose... aight peace :chicken:

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Hard to tell but they look JDM to me.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
dude thats a shade darker, def usdm

if i was you as soon as i found out he drove it and broke the targa that could would have been out that day, no matter what condition it was in, that was your first hint

<l><l>

·
Take it!
996 Posts
I agree with everyone so far...definitely usdm on passenger side. Its very vague though, you have to actually look at it. Be sure to check around the car for everything else. You never know.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts