Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wellllllll, i got my JDM recaro seats from the 2.5tt R in the other day. i slapped them in and they look pretty good. they are VERY firm and quite comfortable. i wish i was a bit bigger as i don't quite fill them out. my only complaint is that the seats sit WAY higher than the stockers (when all the way down), i'd bet its a good 2" or so.....rather annoying as i have a sunroof....my head almost touches the ceiling. i'll test fit w/a helmet tonite, but i'd bet its a no go. looks like i am cutting them down.....

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
Or you can just give them to me! :D

Let us know how it goes!

I am interested in picking some up but they are hardly ever in good condition.

Jason

W

·
0 Posts
did you happen to weight the stockers?? im curious to see how much the drivers seat weighs....

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
Woooossshhh said:
did you happen to weight the stockers?? im curious to see how much the drivers seat weighs....
Discussed many times, it's about 75lbs...wait a sec, I'll go weigh mine right now...tick toc tick toc...I got 70lbs for drivers and about 40lbs for passenger. Not too accurate though as I was balancing them on a bathroom scale.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
So your saying someone like 6 ft like me wouldn't be able to fit? Hmmm. also you need some pics of them buddy :)

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no idea why they sit so high....especially considering some Rs came w/a factory sunroof. though i don't know how much that drops the ceiling. my ASC roof has a fairly low ceiling....

·
:)
2,125 Posts
so do you sit sort of low in the seat? how much do you weight? im about the same height and are considering gettin the seats. thanks lmk

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the whole seat is higher, its quite weird. put the power seat @ max height, that's about where the recaros sit....

i'm 5'8", 150 lbs

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm 6'2". When I had mine.. I don't really remember them sitting higher. Although.. I don't think I drove the car with them in.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dr.J Could you imagine me trying to fit in their now, hard enough when you had the stockers in there...good night! I like my black leather seats just fine, heavy or not..

joe:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
thats all that you got for the stock weight seats?????seemed way heavier than that......when i took my passenger seat out i bet that thing was near 70....damn thing was heavy
or maybe my vagina was inflamed a lil more than usual.....haha...:0

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
I have the Recaros SEs in mine and yes they are very nice seats but I also need to get them lower. I fit but I feel wierd in other Mk3s as mine sit higher. I'm 5'7" 165lbs My car is a Hardtop. My 6'4" friend fits in the pass seat so the sunroof has alot to do with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts