Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The JDM swap went good just don't have a working tach. The NA was not compatible, will the TT Tach work with the JDM ECU? Thanks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Your NA was a auto and your New engine is auto right?
Check you wires as it must have worked, I did once a swap with my friend, and it worked with no problems, but his car was a manual, don't know if there is a difference.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else know about the Tach issue. My mechanic was saying that the NA Tach needed like 12 amps/volts??? I don't know but what was coming out of the JDM ECU was only like 6. Does that make any sense to anyone. Thanks.

Maybe your friend was using the USDM ECU? The JDM ECU and USDM Versions are different. So I may need to get a lower voltage/amp (I really don't remember the terms he used) Tach to get it working. Any other ideas? Thanks.

R

·
0 Posts
Drew - I would first check to make sure it is plugged in. Sounds simple but we all forget sometimes. Being that you have a 97, I would think that it would work. I'm getting a TRD Tach soon in the mail and maybe we can meet up and see if that works. If not, find a stock TT for cheap in the forsale section......

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arnout said:
tt requires tt tach. NA requires NA tach. JDM or USDM doesn't matter.
I was waiting for you to respond. Where have you been? ;) Thanks Arnout, once again you seem to be the go to guy on these JDM Engines. Thank You.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
The signal source is the same for any flavor of the GTE motor :) So yes, TT tach will fix you right up, plug and play.

·
Registered
319 Posts
begone said:
The JDM swap went good just don't have a working tach. The NA was not compatible, will the TT Tach work with the JDM ECU? Thanks.

I'm assuming your talkin about the RPM tach. The NA and TT RPM tach is different. Just put in the TT one.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm ordering one as we speak. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts