Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a jdm throttle body which came from my 7mgte and i just picked up a usdm throttle cable bracket for my throttle cable. Will the usdm bracket work with a jdm TB? Or do I also need a usdm TB? There are minor differences b/w the 2. Its just that I dont want to spend unneccessary money if I dont have to...I need some replies soon if possible b/c the junkyard will not hold parts for long! Thanks everyone! :wtflol:

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Since you have the JDM throttle body with the other linkage setup, I would rig up a direct cable setup. Throttle response will be significantly increased.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
The lever on the side of the JDM throttle body can have a cable attached directly to it.

The USDM throttle body has the extension rod, and then the linkages/springs over the valve covers and then the throttle cable.

Having the cable directly to the throttle body butterfly valve will increase the response time of the pedal to the throttle body opening. I am sure you can find a picture if you search, this has been discussed several times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts