Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Me too! But $175 is a bit steep, especially since it'd have to change the color anyways...

·
MKIII Bodykit Connoisseur
914 Posts
derr.. that loooks tight... i bet ron could fab up somethin pretty schweet like that....but he wouldn't need one... his mkiv trd bar works just fine :p ...

i wouldn't mind it... reminds me of an lancer bar..

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
JDM? heh... they are made by a local shop here in Canada ;) Good guys.

Same guys I talked about awhile ago... I was supposed to proto this on my car but the car wasn't ready in time... glad they have finally got them to market.

Not sure I'm as impressed with the design as I was on the MKII version.... I knew that intake mani was going to give them probs. They use top notch manufacturing quality though.

Edit: I think this would be called a CDM product ;) "CDM - just like JDM... only closer" :D

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
51Cards said:
JDM? heh... they are made by a local shop here in Canada ;) Good guys.

Same guys I talked about awhile ago... I was supposed to proto this on my car but the car wasn't ready in time... glad they have finally got them to market.

Not sure I'm as impressed with the design as I was on the MKII version.... I knew that intake mani was going to give them probs. They use top notch manufacturing quality though.

Edit: I think this would be called a CDM product ;) "CDM - just like JDM... only closer" :D
Hey 51, how much would they charge to make another one like that man? if enought people are interested that is... aight peace

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
Hey 51, how much would they charge to make another one like that man? if enought people are interested that is... aight peace
It's not a one off... they are like RVM... they will make em and sell em off on Ebay as demand requires. You can probably buy direct too... I will see if I can get a pricetag for direct sales.

There are prob only a couple right now since I am sure this was just completed in the last couple weeks max. As mentioned they were going to proto on BGrieger's and my cars (7M and 1J) but due to my delays I lost track of the project. The MKII version was done months ago (March?) and I was suprised to see this one up there now. Probably it'll be at our club meet next month (Nov 7) I'm sure one of our guys provided the base car. If it does I'll snag more pics.

I did get a good look at the MKII bar and it's a beauty. They have been producing these for a lot of different cars (RX7, etc) for awhile so they aren't new to the biz at all. They are founded in the road racing community up here.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So that's how they got around the manifold issue...They should have added one cross member closer to the towers as I could see this setup flexing on those long single bar runs, but this should reduce a flex more than only the hardest core would need anyhow. Pretty easy to get an extra bar welded in if it is needed too!

Bob

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I would probably be interested if it was black... I guess painting could be done, but if it was black from the get-go, that would be much better.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
bgrieger said:
So that's how they got around the manifold issue...They should have added one cross member closer to the towers as I could see this setup flexing on those long single bar runs, but this should reduce a flex more than only the hardest core would need anyhow. Pretty easy to get an extra bar welded in if it is needed too!
Agreed... I would like to see the towers triangulated more against each other but as said... this is tons for 99% of the population.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Good show...may have turbo fitment problems for those without the jz style intake, but looks quite strong. Have you noticed any signs of the pressure on the firewall causing little bends or wrinkles?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts