Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who on board has done a full jdm tt swap. Like turbos,ecu, wire harness etc. I know alot of people did the us turbos, ecu and wire harness. Because i wanted to do this swap in a couple weeks and was wondering if anyone did the full jdm.

thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah Im going to try to order my engine tomorrow and was wondering about the downpipe to the jdm twins since a us one wont fit could I buy a jdm one??

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have done a full jdm swap into a na supra 93.5 . motor came out of an aristo. i also did a 6speed with the rear end. if you do a search here on the board you can find the list you need to do the swap.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SupraDupra17

I was reading he did a jdm from a supra. I mean't has anyone done a full conversion aristo.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
how many times have I posted this info :lol:

If you plan on keeping the japanese layout (MAP), then get ready to do some soldering on the harness.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
I did full JDM swap, but singled it and six speeded it too.... supersized it I guess!

I bought a used USDM supra harness. Kept the stock JDM ECU (Auto, aristo) and had no problems. It runs amazingly well untuned... (I am going aem install now though). I don't need a maf and had NO wiring problems. I only had to de-pin my NA fuesbox connector and put it onto the USDM TT harness. Motor started first turn of the key.

Swapped oil pans and replaced all the seals in the motor, timing belt, etc.

you need to get a supra water pump, and relocate your PS tank... not too bad to do. All other accessories fit no problem.

-M

it was a huge job, and I'd not do it again. Just doing a JDM install (motor all prepped, ready to drop in...) would be tit though. But unless you're getting a truly low mileage TT motor from a SUPRA, you will be doing a lot of prep work. Don't try to make your aristo harness work, it's not worth it.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
98mkiv- thanks! is it possible to use the us harness and turbos? and keep the jdm ecu and inj's?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
yes....I see no reason why you cannot run a JDM TT motor with USDM cams, turbos and JDM injectors.... though I think you'll run out of fuel pretty quick on the 440's. If you are powerlimiting your motor because your tranny cannot handle it then yeah... though I'd stay with the JDM turbos in that case since they spool faster.

I suggest getting the emanage ultimate and then you can fully control fuel and timing piggy backing on your JDM ecu. I have AEM and it's overwhelming me.... very steep learning curve.

-M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts