Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up, im stationed in japan and I just purchased a 1992 MKIII TT, paid 1800 for it. Paint job sucks, body and powertrain are in excellent shape and only 102k kilo's about 65k miles. I'm bringing this car back with me for sure. Used cars in japan are really cheap, skyline gts-t's for 1500, R-32gtr's for 7-9 grand.rx7's for 4-5 grand. I'm loving tokyo. check it out in your lifetime.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
EMAGDNIM said:
What's up, im stationed in japan and I just purchased a 1992 MKIII TT, paid 1800 for it. Paint job sucks, body and powertrain are in excellent shape and only 102k kilo's about 65k miles. I'm bringing this car back with me for sure. Used cars in japan are really cheap, skyline gts-t's for 1500, R-32gtr's for 7-9 grand.rx7's for 4-5 grand. I'm loving tokyo. check it out in your lifetime.
Nice find man, but isn't it a little hard to import over a J-spec car? since they don't have emission equipments and DOT approved stuff on em? aight peace :chicken: and have fun with it man

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a pain in the ass to ship it over but it's going to be worth it, it'll cost me around 4 grand. By the time I leave it's going to have alot done to it, parts are cheap here man.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
EMAGDNIM said:
It is a pain in the ass to ship it over but it's going to be worth it, it'll cost me around 4 grand. By the time I leave it's going to have alot done to it, parts are cheap here man.
Thats good to hear, while you are over there hook us up man with some cheap parts :) such as those half clear/amber color lens, Turbo A Ducts, and all that other stuff they get over there that we don't, aight peace

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill hook people up with parts, Ill be posting in here alot, when I go parts hunting for my car ill post whats available.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Nice find, keep us posted on the parts. Good luck with the car man and be safe.

Khris

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
well if he moves to some place like bumble fuck egypt..like where I live, then all he can do is switch out the vin numbers and make his own legal car.

they dont do emissions here..just safety inspecition...like if your taillights work and your wipers, etc.

i mean the procedure is illegal, but it can be done.

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
In the case of active duty military, I believe they still allow one-time exceptions. There was a guy stationed on a local AFB that drove a RHD Z32 TT with a shitload done to it that he brought back from being stationed in Japan.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of rims are those?

Nice MkIII :bigthumb:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All he has to do is switch out the glass (most other countries don't require the same safety glass we do) and, probably, add some emissions crap to it. There are a few other things but, usually, the glass is the most expensive part of the change.

Other then that it's mostly paperwork and shipping that's expensive and with him being in the military the shipping will be free.

One note: When you go to ship it back put it back to stock hight. It will be loaded on trucks, boats and maybe trains. The guys loading it won't be to worried about crushing any custom bumper you have. Yes, the military will pay to have it fixed but you can save yourself the headache. Also, anything that could easily be unbolted (stereo gear for example), remove it yourself so no one else does.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Actually a lot more complex than that as those cars dont' have VIN's and are not DOT certified in North America due to lack of crash testing, etc. As such it's illegal for one to show up whole at customs.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157917

However I don't know about the military exemptions... and if that's the case then Cool! It would be nice if he could bring it home! :) And cheap too! Congrats man.

·
JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
925 Posts
You can't just say its a collector's item and not intended to be driven or something? I know theres a guy around here with a RHD JDM integra, and also an old guy with a RHD Rolls Royce... don't think getting it home will be too much of a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts