Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993.5 Blk/Blk Hardtop 6spd
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i searched and btw SF needs to do something about the search because this white screen crap is not cutting it....

(to make a long story short read cliffs).....i need links/pics of all ways the stock twins can be modified, from the right way to the backyard diy way. bottem line i picked up a set of used usd twins that had a valve opened in the exhaust manifold yet when i took out my jdm turbos i noticed the same yet even more "diy" mods were done that are not stock.

did i swap them yes, from jdm > usd, however, from 1k-redline i feel like im driving all motor, i do not hear my turbos how i use to when the jdm's were on, the response sucks balls like if the twins were not even on, i do however hear a slight spool but i get nothing at throttle(again feels like a low compressed n/a). i did set up the USD's to match how the old JDM's looked, hoping it would get running back to normal.

cliffs:
i need links/pics/anything/etc. of all the ways stock twins can be modified, from the right ways to the backyard "diy" ways.

before hand thanks for the help!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i would think there are tons of BPU/+ on here any of them jdm or usd modified twins?!

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
how about using the FSM to put them back to stock and doing the tests on the VSV's?

Buying used turbos is a big gamble....

-M

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98mkiv said:
how about using the FSM to put them back to stock and doing the tests on the VSV's?

Buying used turbos is a big gamble....

-M
yea i know, but im still curious on the turbo response on the USD twins, i do get good power, but only around 5k+......w/ the jdm's i felt it from 2k+

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have a TT supra near 91801 Alhambra, CA just to meet up and compare?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts