Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching the forums, but i cant seem to find if theirs any differences between USDM v160 and JDM v160. Can someone tell me if theirs any differences?

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
same thing.
Only V161 is different in gears

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
only wiring difference should be the main harness to ECU. Harness from transmission to main harness should be the same thing.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,328 Posts
so if i get one from a jdm one, i can bolt it to a USDM twin turbo? The wiring is the same too?
Pretty sure the only thing I had to connect is reverse signal, that is because my harness was from AUTO TT. Should be plug and play and it will bold to USDM engine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was beaten to it, but yes, that is correct. The only difference that I know of is the gearing. Only little variation though, nothing super significant.

Cheers,
-Coby

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
there is only difference in final drive (differential) gearing (3.1 US spec, v.s. 3.2 EU and JDM spec). The V161 has different gearing but he is not asking that

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,367 Posts
I was beaten to it, but yes, that is correct. The only difference that I know of is the gearing. Only little variation though, nothing super significant.

Cheers,
-Coby
Incorrect.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Had a JDM 6speed and my USDM 6 speed. V160 is the same, what changes is the gearing in the diff. The JDM had 3.26 and the USDM 3.13.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts