Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard it is to get big horesepower out of the JDM 2JZ compared to the UDM 2JZ? I have heard that the JDM has smaller injectors, different turbo's, and slightly different manifolds. Has anybody had any real world experience with them? I have to decide between an RB26 engine and a JDM 2JZ....If it was UDM 2JZ I think that I would tend to go for it over the RB26...but a JDM 2JZ, I dunno.

Ray

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
kalium said:
I was wondering how hard it is to get big horesepower out of the JDM 2JZ compared to the UDM 2JZ? I have heard that the JDM has smaller injectors, different turbo's, and slightly different manifolds. Has anybody had any real world experience with them? I have to decide between an RB26 engine and a JDM 2JZ....If it was UDM 2JZ I think that I would tend to go for it over the RB26...but a JDM 2JZ, I dunno.

Ray
If by big power you mean changing the turbo's and all that involves than pick the one that gets you the cheapest parts.

In your case I suspect the answer is obvious.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JDM

Well as far as the numbers go the JDM motor surprisingly has less HP and TQ then the UDM motor...as far as modding im not sure what the difference is between them and we all know what the RB is capable of...

·
Registered
558 Posts
gettin big HP out of Jspec 2jzgte is the same as getting big hp out of a us spec...remember, the only difference between a jspec and us spec is the turbo's are smaller, the injectors are smaller and the intake cam is smaller. If you want big hp, you need to change all of those things whether you have a us spec or a jspec...So you put some 720cc injectors, fuel rail, single turbo kit, and HKS cams, same parts fit either motor, same price!
Hope that helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts