Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference in the JDM spec motor and the US spec motor? Injectors , turbos?? please explain

thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what would it take to make a JAP spec US spec.. Just the bigger injectors??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SupaDupa said:
so what would it take to make a JAP spec US spec.. Just the bigger injectors??
If you wanted to make it exactly like a US spec one I think you would need to change out the turbos, injectors, and cam. And the jap spec injectors have a different impedence, so you would have to use a resitor pak for that. Not sure what other differences might exist.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sorry to change subjects a little bit but,

I have a US Supra with a J-spec motor and a t-78. Stock fuel by the way and the jap-spec fuel rail.
I didn't put the stuff in, I just bought it that way.

Is there anything I need to know as caution or any gains by using J-spc motor? I am keeping boost to 10psi.

Can I easily swap the J-spec fuel rail with the U.S. spec or just the injectors?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah, you should use the USDM injectors and rail for sure on the T78 at least... actually you should just upgrade the fuel system further than that anyway. A T78 isn't even trying at 10#s. In fact the waste gate shouldn't even let go until 14 or so... How are you keeping the boost that low?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably just a different wastegate spring.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i found out the cam is differnt and the injectors... anything else?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Usual R Suspex said:
Sorry to change subjects a little bit but,

I have a US Supra with a J-spec motor and a t-78. Stock fuel by the way and the jap-spec fuel rail.
I didn't put the stuff in, I just bought it that way.

Is there anything I need to know as caution or any gains by using J-spc motor? I am keeping boost to 10psi.

Can I easily swap the J-spec fuel rail with the U.S. spec or just the injectors?
I am pretty sure the rail is the same for both cars just the injectors are different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts