Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Take it!
996 Posts
Your question is too general...You need to be more specific with "JDM engine" 7m, 1jz, 2jz, SR20, sw20, 3sgte, rb26, etc...You need to help us before we can help you answer your question.

·
I<3 Dashboard Waterfall
386 Posts
Your question is too general...You need to be more specific with "JDM engine" 7m, 1jz, 2jz, SR20, sw20, 3sgte, rb26, etc...You need to help us before we can help you answer your question. Better yet...use the "search" feature on this forum.
What search feature?

·
Take it!
996 Posts
Nevermind...the search feature is gone...tough luck dude!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i am looking to replace my 7mgte with a jdm 7mgte. only bc i have to put some rods and crankshaft in my supra. I think it might be cheaper to do the swap. but there are so many place that sell them. And they all seem to be in canada? For the guys that have done swaps what comapny did you get it from? Well i hope you guys can help.

Also i know its kinda off topic but if i do rebuild should i look at geting a new turbo.(the car ran out of oil the oil light was unpluged, just got the car from a dealer and he as offerd to cover some of the cost) What do you think

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
JDM motors are still a used motor so you have no idea what condition they're in or how they've been maintained.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I think there is no oil light, so how could it be unplugged, haha.

A JDM 7M-GTE is still a used motor, you may have to rebuild. Might as well rebuild the one you already have.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
JDM motors are still a used motor so you have no idea what condition they're in or how they've been maintained.
Best answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts