Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Friends -

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chris, aka JdmCain. I am relatively new to the Toyota Supra Mk4 world, but a veteran in car building.

You can see my previous build here.... http://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...3-jdm-cain-s-03-sedan-progression-thread.html

Anywho, I am excited about my new project and look forward to sharing/tracking my progression here. I will upload photos later this week. You can see some pictures on instagram: jdm_cain

-Chris

2/19/2016 Update:

I bought my car on 10/24/2015 after a 4 month search from a lady in San Diego.

This is how the car looked when I first bought it. I shot these photos at the Rose Bowl parking lot. It's all stock with the exception of the front bumper lip, TRD replica wing and HKS boost controller.

The plan for this car was to keep it STOCK - I wasn't planning in modifying it at all. but......

...it's in the blood to do so.

Therefore I started with some upgrades. I will be modifying it with the highest quality JDM and OEM parts.

Here is an ARC titanium air diversion panel that I polished and heat treated.

I imported this ARC intercooler kit from Japan. As you may know, all ARC parts, especially for the JZA80, are discontinued. The kit needed some TLC, therefore I gave it the JdmCainLab treatment. Fully polished the intercooler and powder-coated all of the the piping Silver.

I also upgraded the BOV with a polished ARC one -All bolts on the BOV were changed to titanium ones.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just read through your entire build thread and am speechless. If your G35 is any indication of your attention to detail and standard of quality then I can't wait to see what you have planned for the Supra. Any hints?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I tried to go through your G thread but that forum is a piece of shit. Get some supra pictures up here! Welcome.

·
Registered
428 Posts
welcome. I have the superstreet mag with your car featured. Superb build. Cant wait to see what you have in store for the supra

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Work in progress....installing the ARC FMIC, all piping and Intake System.

I took advantage of upgrading the lighting by installing all LED and HID bulbs.

I decided to repaint the hood, bumper and door handles due to fading and rock chips. I also installed the OEM front lip and got rid of that other ugly one, LOL...

This is an extremely rare reservoir cap cover from Vertex.

Upgraded the battery to an Optima Red Top.

EXTREMELY RARE Top Secret Japan and ARC Oil Caps.

Waterline Top Fuel Zero1000 Radiator Line Magnet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I decided to ditch the REPLICA TRD wing - I am striving to rock only authentic JDM and OEM parts......

Personalized Plates - JdmCain FTW!!!

I also imported a set of Jdm Power Folding Mirrors and Switch. As you can see, I took the mirrors apart to paint red.

As for the interior....

Top Secret Japan Shift Knob

Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi Shift Knob and ARC shift plate

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Jdm C's Short Throw Shifter - which for the record, I LOVE very much..

Jdm TRD Gauge Cluster

IMG_4425

Love seeing it all together....still a work in progess.

Im also working on an ARC rear strut bar project. Stay tuned for this one.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have ordered all of the Supra Hyper Rev magazines to study and learn more about this magnificent vehicle.

TORQ polishing kit from Chemical Guys....I cant wait to spend 5, 8 hour days detailing the Stallion....

·
JZA80
3,123 Posts
Awesome collection of rare JDM parts!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
wow pretty crazy, where do you find the rare parts Yahoo japan auctions?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone. I have a contact in Japan that helps me source parts that I import and distribute to fellow enthusiast. Check out my FB page at Facebook.com/jdmcain or on Instagram at; jdm_cain

I'll post stuff as they arrive...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wow, welcome to the forums. I look forward to your build, you are clearly a fellow who knows what he is doing.

I have a question: Was it a challenge for your Japanese friend to obtain the C's short shifter, or would it seem they are abundant?

They are extremely highly sought after around here and carry a super high price tag. There is a company remaking them but most want the original C's.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Wow, welcome to the forums. I look forward to your build, you are clearly a fellow who knows what he is doing.

I have a question: Was it a challenge for your Japanese friend to obtain the C's short shifter, or would it seem they are abundant?

They are extremely highly sought after around here and carry a super high price tag. There is a company remaking them but most want the original C's.

Thanks
I can answer this...

He bought it from the for sale section here. As far as the c's availability most I see are attached to a v160 combo and one pops up for sale in that configuration every month or two. I did see a nib one but even with the exchange rate it would have still cost around $1300 to get it here.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts