Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought of this solution to my blown piston problem.

Does JE make pistons and rings for our cars, if so how much would they cost and about how much with labor too, where is the best place to buy them from? If I put these in do I need to modify anything else in the engine? Thanks a lot.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yep, JE will make the pistons for you in any compression ratio,ect that you want. I think a set is around $900, but any of the parts vendors here can get you a more accurate quote.

How in the world did you wreck a piston?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i blew the piston ring, sorry, i had been leeking oil into the cylander and did not find out till i saw smoke out my exhaust. By chance, what would be the ideal compression ratio for the most power gain by JE, what kind of gains could I expect if you have an idea? oh, the pistons and rings are $960 straight from JE. Thanks man.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
If you want to run higher octane (race gas) you can get more power by raising the compression ratio. Probably 11:1 or 12:1 would helpmake more power, but I think your days of using pump gas would be over. If you are considering adding a turbo kit, get 8.5:1 pistons so you don't have to mess with thicker headgaskets.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, those are some great ideas but I would like to use 93 or 94 octane for convenience at the pump, so what compression should I ask JE to make them for me that will yield the most power without severely beating on my Supra. I don't mind running her pretty hard though. Thanks man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts