Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friends roomate pat has a jeep wrangler 4x4. the wrangler has larger tires on it. the wrangler has the factory diff in it.

my good friend mike drove pats 4x4. mike went around a corner and gunned it. now pat is saying that mike messed up the spider gears inside the diff by doing that.

sounds a little fishy to me... what do you guys think? Pat would not accuse Mike of breaking it if he didn't think he did, I just want to make sure Pats on the right track.

_ justin

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
pat has a point, but I could not say conclusively that it was the cause. But I have heard of hard redline shifts or beating on them leading to breakage.

·
Pimp of Centralia
2,815 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
But I have heard of hard redline shifts or beating on them leading to breakage.
opps... i guess i better stop driving like an asshole with my jeep before its too late

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr. Wob said:
pat has a point, but I could not say conclusively that it was the cause. But I have heard of hard redline shifts or beating on them leading to breakage.

Yah, but from what Mike told me it wasn't a hard shift or anything, he just rounded a corner then took off hard.... no redline or anything. *shrug*

I wasjust curiuos, Mike's not having a problem paying for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts