Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daily driver is a lil ol 93 wrangler with a new 4.0 5 speed with basic off roading mods..lol
Im on he highway and i hear this swarm of bees coming from behind and sharply cut me off for no reason...I knew it was rice as i couldnt stop laughing at the $29 "HKS" ebay muffler and 32 inch monster tach mounting basically on his steering wheel.
So we get of the same exit and there are 2 straight lanes. We end up next to eachother and you got to understand im in a jeep with 31's and covered with mud from front to back.
He looks and gives me the famous weed wacker rev, i couldnt help but to laugh. Light turns green and he looks and revs. I had no choice but to launch the lil jeep and be out like 3 cars till 75. I hear him revving behind me to rpms that car has never seen before...:)
The funny part is before the next light i slowed to get over in the right lane and pull into the shopping mall. He bascially think sim stoping in the middle fo the raod to race again and more or less blocks me from going over as he thinks we are gonna stop traffic to do this again. I finally get around him after reversing becuase i wasnt sure if this dude would hit me as i go in front of him. He pulls behind me and pulls into the mall behind me to scream out the window you are juicing....
I nearly fall out of my truck lol so hard. Its a jeep, plain and simple.
Kid revs to what seemed like 13000 rpm to dump the clutch and smoke first gear. The only thing i could do was laugh, as hard as i have ever done before.
Sorry for the rambling but i just had to type this.:)

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
:whip: :lol::lol: Good Kill i suppose. I have a few stories like that from the work truck i used to drive. F150.

Common Story i bet you got there.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sure very commen but extremely amusing...
The market these aftermarket companies have made on these ricers is simply outstanding. To offer 150 hp with 1500 in mods....:)

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
you smoke some before the race. I had lifted jeeps with all sorta of motors, gears, wheels and tires. and none of them will run a prelude

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
hah what's worse is when I beat them in my mothers STOCK accord 1990 with 320 000 KM ... I've got enless stories about that car.. lol

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kerr a 94 prelude base model has like 135 hp maybe 140 with his mods. It wasnt a "vtec 195 hp"lol
My truck has about 195 hp to be on the safe side and weighs 100 lbs less the the honda. From a roll he would prob edge me on top as a jeep cuts the wind like a stone wall but from a light this thing is out (first 3 gears)
Just for the record my wife has a 97 V6 accord and from a dig playing with her at the light in the morning i pull her time and time again. From a highway roll im out 1/2 car from 55 to 100.
Again im not saying my truck is fast by any means, i mean damn, its a jeep. But bottom line is he was racing and he got pulled, driver error or not.
Maybe if he unloaded that 200 lb tach he could have caught me....:violin:

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
haha, thats awesome, just hearing ricers is a laugh, but having one say you juice in a jeep? now that is pure comedy!. too bad you didnt have video goin or something haha

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
I roasted an EVO yesterday in my Caddy. Nothing like NORTHSTAR power, i love the look on ricer's faces when you are educating.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, Jeep with 4.0 are fast dead stop from red light to red light. Its hard to catch first gear, but after that then'll its over. i race my brother and he was ahead in 1 gear.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
T61supradean- where in CT are you located? Wondering if I have ever seen your car around, where I am right now in Mystic, I've only seen a 98 Red TT (owned by an old guy) and a 95? Baltic Blue with a SP57 Single. Oo, and theres a Jeep up near Berlin that raced a Z06 and had him up till about 100 or so mph. It has the most sleeper look I've ever seen, it had a fuckin plow still attached on the front and on stock tires. heh heh

Chris

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
good kill..i'm not a big fan of rice preludes..
very few nice lookin hondas out..

K

·
0 Posts
I roasted an EVO yesterday in my Caddy. Nothing like NORTHSTAR power, i love the look on ricer's faces when you are educating.
Who are you kidding? Maybe it was just a Lancer RalliArt with the EVO "look" A stock EVO would school you time and time again. Sorry, but even an XLR is not going to come anywhere near an EVO.

·
Registered
108 Posts
kadeshpa said:
Who are you kidding? Maybe it was just a Lancer RalliArt with the EVO "look" A stock EVO would school you time and time again. Sorry, but even an XLR is not going to come anywhere near an EVO.
Indeed the new evos are quite nice

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
KERR said:
you smoke some before the race. I had lifted jeeps with all sorta of motors, gears, wheels and tires. and none of them will run a prelude
Dean's got a pretty good rep, but man my buddy's '94 wrangler 4.0 with the basic off-road mods is slower than dogshit. And Preludes with minor mods can give me trouble in the NA mr2 (which absolutely kills the jeep). so I dunno.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
heheh...Good rep[..:) Thanks.
Well my jeep is pretty quick i must say. 2001 motor with some good bolt ons, for a jeep i might add.
I pulled a VR4 3000 gt the other day from 3 lights in a row in 4wd. I launched at like 4000 rpm and he could get me to 50 mph. Of course, of course, of course the car is faster but the guy driving couldnt pull me and by the third light he was flipping me off.
gotta love it.... 7 a.m in the morning and Mr. 40 year old "dave" amd his coworker are racing a jeep with exhaust.
Call me bullshit all you like but i have been on these boards for years and everybody who knows me will back up the person i am.
if you cant drive it to a win, it then is a loss.

S

·
0 Posts
T61supradean said:
If you cant drive it to a win, it then is a loss.
Good kill, and good quote.

I wish more people would look at it that way instead of making excuses. I had an older guy try to explain to me that I only beat his Mustang at the track because I had AWD. What does he want me to do, disconnect the driveshaft and race him FWD?

S

·
0 Posts
hahaha dude thats nice, im a jeep owner to but i rape hondas all the time in 2wd, i believe it 100% fully, but then again, mines no where near stock =) 350 with bolt on's =) i chirp till 4th gear, its beautiful, thats funny u guys live in mystic, my uncle is the head dude at the aquarium, i dunno exactly what he does, but im flying up there dec 22 to visit the fam. *waves to fellow jeeper*

1 - 20 of 20 Posts