Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much time does it take to remove a hardtop and install a new soft top? Trying to figure out how much time to plan, thanks...

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
going from hardtop to soft top is way more of a PITA then the other way around.

there are plenty of step by step resources out there for leanring how - just set aside some time and get a heat gun with adjustable heat or a hari dryer and some cream from your knuckles. The newer the top, the harder it is. Id get someone to help you too because it can much easier. I would say 4-6 hours for your first time around doing it.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
hardtop by yourself FTL, yea i tried it and fucked up, and have yet to put on the soft top try to have a friend handy

Matt

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great sounds like it will be fun....I should have help and figure I will lay it out in the sun to help loosen it up....my old tonneau for my truck resonded well to that. But never done a jeep top so here goes nothing, oh and top and jeep are brand new. :-(

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
It depends, my cousin is good at them and me and him together used to do them really quick. But if you've never done it, definetly have some help, instructions, time and beer on hand.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I wonder if that oil for baseball mitts would adversly effect the material of the top...I can't remember what it's made out of, but that combined w/the sun might work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts