Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I contacted Jeff at Induction Motorsports about a clutch for my car. I stressed to him that I need a clutch that I can slip and not worry about glazing, overheating, etc. He stated that there are pretty much only 3 choices and probably really only 2...the 3 were Tilton, RPS Carbon Carbon and the 3rd would be the Exedy Carbon. Jeff did a lot of research for me and found that the Exedy was not what I was looking for since it was made of SEMI-Carbon, or something like that. He also quoted me prices for all of the other clutches like the tripple discs, dual disc clutches and such and at the same time let me know the pros and cons to each clutch over the others which helped out greatly. Getting other peoples point of views (especially Jeff's) helps out quite a bit.
I am kind of a hard customer to please because I take so long to make decisions, but I didn't feel that Jeff tried to rush me into a decision or anything like that.
I ordered the clutch that Wednesday after I FINALLY made a damn decision :) and he got it to me by that Friday, so I could be breaking it in by that weekend.:)

Also, he could have EASILY sold me the Tilton clutch...actually I was about ready to buy it, but he knows how I am about my car and warned me of the abnormal noises and such that are associated with that clutch. I have talked to a couple other people and they even confirmed that as well, so I didn't go with that setup. My main point is that he could have sold me this clutch, made more $$$, but chose to let me know the downfall with it. He wants to make sure every customer is happy with what he/she purchases from him which I respect greatly.

I would once again recommend Jeff from Induction Motorsports to anyone out there. BTW...my GTR-70 turbo from him is still working very well also.:)

Thanks Jeff for the great customer service and for taking the time to get me the perfect part for my car!

Take Care

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
actually i have heard a lot of good things about jeff and induction mtotrsports as well.......talk about the right way to run a business...by the way my trd twin disk...works very well...i slip the shyt out of it.....trd is made by exedy.....one good thing about these trd and the exedy twin is that u can rebuild them......

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
I've also have heard great things about Jeff at Induction Motorsports.
Nothing but complements. Cudos to you Jeff and the whole crew at Induction Motorsports!

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ChBrAc16 said:
what clutch did you end up going with?
I ended up going with the RPS Carbon Carbon and I have nothing but great things to say about it so far. Holding up very nicely and drives perfect after any amount of launches that I have done with it so far.:)

Take Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts