Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you not from Houston coming to TX2K9, let me give you a few pointers on driving around on the west side of Houston:

1. Construction was recently completed on I-10 west. the highway is wide, flat and smooth. It is also heavily patrolled by Houston police, deputies and constables as well as state troopers (DPS).
2. If you are east of the grand parkway, you can get plucked off if you are on the inside or outside lanes.
3. Driving west towards Lonestar, you should be very careful on your speeds once you cross over the Brazos river into Austin county. Its about 13 miles from the Brazos river to exit 713 where you get off to go to the track. During that distance you could easily see 3-4 local revenue agents (highway patrol and deputies).
4. When you leave the track headed east back to Houston, right after you get on I-10 there is a bridge and on the other side of the bridge is a place where they like to shoot radar.

Bottom line is have fun, be careful and if you want to drive like a maniac do it at the track!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The white unmarked Charger HPD cars are out and about too, so be extra attentive. We saw a good 5 patrol cars zapping the inside lane on our trip home to Baytown tonight. Sat is going to be bad as well, so everyone play it extra careful.

·
JetFire
5,293 Posts
I got pulled over on I-10 on my way back to the Omni from the track on Saturday night, I was in a rental charger with AZ tags. The sheriff didn't seem to believe that I was coming from the track lol. He asked if I had any proof like a receipt or something from the gate. He said I had a license plate light out and that's why he stopped me but when I checked later they all worked fine. They probalby assumed I was driving from FL back to AZ with some weight ha ha. Anyway I didn't get a ticket, the sheriff was cool.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
I got pulled over in the right middle lane when I was going SLOWER than traffic. He just flew up on me like I stole the car or something and turned on his lights. He wrote me a ticket for 72 even though there is no way I was even going that fast. Traffic was going damn near 80. This was on I-10 about 1-2miles east of the hotel, so you guys know how fast the cars are usually moving. The officer was a total ass and that was my 2nd ticket of the day. The first one I deserved :)

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I got pulled over in the right middle lane when I was going SLOWER than traffic. He just flew up on me like I stole the car or something and turned on his lights. He wrote me a ticket for 72 even though there is no way I was even going that fast. Traffic was going damn near 80. This was on I-10 about 1-2miles east of the hotel, so you guys know how fast the cars are usually moving. The officer was a total ass and that was my 2nd ticket of the day. The first one I deserved :)
That totally sucked... I can't believe you got popped when me and someone else were running through that area with my speedo sitting at 5:00... But hey, you had fun yes?!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Damn, that's a 65 speed limit there too IIRC... yeah they can be dicks. I drove like a damn grandma on my home just for that reason; I can't afford another ticket so soon, I just got my last one taken care of a couple weeks ago. Sorry to hear you got tagged like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts