Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what parts we need for the GTK Super T (JESS) Upgrade? Can you please pm me a price or post one for the parts only?
Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would also like to know this...PM is fine

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Guys also feel free to PM questions about this turbo since turbonetics is one of my sponsors and helping people find out more about my turbo is part of my job and I can get you in touch with the people you need to get your questions answered.
-jess

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
Also if you guys order this turbo they call it a jessica 76 and it is NOT a gtk turbo. That housing is to restricive for the supra, so you definently want the super t housing.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I found out what I wanted Jess, I have a GTK 850, and cannot run what you have. Id have to sell, or get a GTK1000, then upgrade which makes it almost not worth it in the end......

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do you guys have anything showing the difference in spool between this turbo and a precision 74gts? Or any rough ideas? Ive seen jessicas graph but i cant compare it to mine as im on a 3.4L.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old but, im probably going to be picking up Mike's used GTK1000 and im curious as to how much an upgrade to a super T would be as well. Thanks,
Justin

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old but, im probably going to be picking up Mike's used GTK1000 and im curious as to how much an upgrade to a super T would be as well. Thanks,
Justin
Just so you know, you can upgrade to the Super T compressor housing from the GTK1000 but the Super 76 ( jessica turbo) is a mid frame with different turbine wheel and housing as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just so you know, you can upgrade to the Super T compressor housing from the GTK1000 but the Super 76 ( jessica turbo) is a mid frame with different turbine wheel and housing as well.
Ahhh I see. So it would pretty much be like buying a new turbo correct? Do you think It would be benificial to upgrade to the super T compressor housing on a GTK1000?

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
I actually think you have to buy the whole turbo because something is different about the backplate or something so the super T housing won't go onto the gtk1000. It does make a huge difference to run the super T, I gained 100hp witching to it. But the gtk 1000 still made good power on my car, but what I had was the midframe 76 with the gtk housing at first. Made 860hp. When I put the super T housing on I made 960hp. You can always contact the guys at turbonetics and ask though. Reggie is very helpful, [email protected]

·
Registered
276 Posts
I actually think you have to buy the whole turbo because something is different about the backplate or something so the super T housing won't go onto the gtk1000. It does make a huge difference to run the super T, I gained 100hp witching to it. But the gtk 1000 still made good power on my car, but what I had was the midframe 76 with the gtk housing at first. Made 860hp. When I put the super T housing on I made 960hp. You can always contact the guys at turbonetics and ask though. Reggie is very helpful, [email protected]
Cool, I'll give them a shout and see what they say. Probably just stick with the GTK and see how that does for now. Thanks for the info.

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
could I get a price on this turbo as well? I'm upgrading over the winter and am on the fence with going t6 or staying t4. T4 would be easier since I don't need a new manifold but I need the turbo to make the power, and I know this one does.

Also, what are the specs? a/r, journal or ball-bearing?

thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts