Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
boost hungry
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man the first 2 rounds started yesterday, and Supra's dominate with their new N/A 5.2L V8's. It's such great racing, it's pretty much 6 or 7 awesome Supras vs like 4 Skylines, which have 3L V6's. The NSX's don't really stand a chance. But it's really awesome racing, you should catch it on the SPEED channel.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
Keep your eyes on those 5.2L V8 engines. They will probably start showing up in the new big-un' 4-door Tundras and the next MKV Sup...errr...huh? ;)

·
2/3 HP to the Paws
1,519 Posts
5.2L + TT = boosted bigass v8

:rockon:

I'd prefer a 3.6L i6, but, I won't turn my nose up at it either.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I was on last night from 6-7pm. It seems, Toyota will be the team to beat, hard to tell in the frist round though.

Someone needs to find out when they decide if they'll be holding an event out west, if so, I'm freakin there!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ryan P said:
I was on last night from 6-7pm. It seems, Toyota will be the team to beat, hard to tell in the frist round though.

Someone needs to find out when they decide if they'll be holding an event out west, if so, I'm freakin there!
We shall see, JGTC has those damn weight penalties. the further up the grid you are when the race is over determines how much weight is added to your car, and no the weight cannot be used as ballast. Also with the horsepower limitations it usually makes the racing very close.

·
en hopup veritas
165 Posts
For those just wondering...the 5.2 that is being used is a bored and stroked varient of the UZ(most likely 2UZ from that of a GS/LS) family of engines. Its very similar internally to the GrandAm series prototype racers here in US. Both series require an approximate maximum 500hp number.

Matt

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
lol, that is funny. I watch Wind Tunnel when I can, and Dave Despain is funny sometimes. But him having his little temper tantram like a little 12 year old bitch on TV like that tells me only one thing, I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about Speed. :)

When I did watch it the other day, he was talking to Brock Yates (if you don't know who he is, look him up, pretty cool guy to me.) Despain asked him "What do you think of these import car kids, or wannabe's as I call them, where do you think that is going?"

Yates: "I think it's wonderful, it's the next step as far as where performance cars are going to go."

Despain got :urowned:

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts