Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do you like this exhaust? If you don't have it have you heard about it? How about vs. Greddy Ti?

·
Registered
852 Posts
You're in luck...I've had the JIC Bullet 505S (full) Titanium on my Supra for a few months now. A search for JIC exhausts here on Supraforums.com came up with almost no results when i was researching which exhaust to purchase (i couldn't even find one thread on the Titanium version, and you probably still won't find one to this day if you search). Simply put, I love it to death. it has a beautiful exhaust note...not raspy at all, yet not too low pitched. it is very audible at idle, but i wouldn't say its "loud." it becomes loud at around 3000 rpm and above, regardless of whether you're "on it" or just accelerating slowly through the rpm's. it just sounds plain MEAN (i should mention that i'm running this exhaust in conjunction with a 3" downpipe - no cats).

build quality is excellent, and i love how the blue exhaust tip looks. the canister and tip angle upward and outward like many exhausts, but not at such extreme angles as other exhausts like the HKS Hyper Ti or the Blitz Nur Spec (i actually wish the JIC angled as much as those b/c i like that look better...i still have that look, just not as extreme). mine was missing the "Bullet" logo that comes on JIC Bullet exhausts, but i think they stopped labeling the tips a while back due to issues with the labels starting to rust. sometimes i wish i went with an exhaust with bigger piping (mine is 76mm, or 3"), especially considering the price of the JIC Bullet full Ti. but the way i justified the price is that it is for sure one of the rarest exhausts for the Supra, and i wanted something nobody else has.

unfortunately i can't compare it to other similar exhausts b/c this is the first aftermarket exhaust for my Supra...and i haven't heard mine and other popular exhausts back to back to compare sounds. i don't think the GReddy Racing Ti was available when i got my exhaust...otherwise i would have considered it, as some sites are listing it for about $100 less than my JIC (for example www.horsepowerfreaks.com). however, MVP Motorsports is saying that the sale of this item is discontinued until a 50% price increase goes into effect. so now i'm even more confident in my purchase.

anyways, HERE are some pics of the JIC Ti on my ride...just scroll down a bit.

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Great information and write-up. Thank you. Red car I see, as is mine. Above 3 grand on the highway how is the sound in the car with windows up and no ac, radio etc.? I like the tip as well. 116mm, right?

My main reason for titanium is the light weight (each modification I do my damndest to lose weight) and corrosion protection is a plus. The 3" is fine as I am going BPU only.....only til' I ride in a nicely tuned single probably :bigthumb:

·
Registered
852 Posts
yes, i opted for the 116mm tip instead of the 100mm. i also ordered it without the resonator. i honestly haven't heard this exhaust with the resonator...all i knew was that i wanted the least amount of restriction, and its cheaper anyways w/out the resonator, so that was a plus. but even with no cats or a resonator, the car doesn't get obnoxiously loud inside...even to redline. i mean its a beautiful sound, and you can hear plenty of it from inside the car even under normal acceleration. but it never gets annoyingly loud...not to me anyways. of course you're talking to someone whose stock head unit has crapped out, so i mostly listen to the car anyways, and not the radio/CD player.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had the JIC Ti exhaust and I liked it but the piping was too small so I went to my current custom made 4" turbo back exhaust. The JIC Sounds great though!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts