Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Son JimJr has challenged me to drag race him on April 23rd at Woodburn Drag Strip. He says he is going to be running his red auto Supra and he says he is going to whup my behind!!! (At the current time his red Supra auto is BPU)

Can he do it. Can the youngdawg beat the olddawg???

He is up to something nefarious as his car is in TorqueFreaks for some work which nobody at TF's is breathing a word about, at least to me. Is he going to install an AEM EMS and tune it better? Is he going to install NOS? Or maybe is he going to install an aftermarket single or twin turbo setup. And even more wondrous can TF's get any and all work done in time so that his red auto supra can make the Woodburn, OR drags on the 23rd???

He wants me there so bad that he is even furnishing me with racing fuel and letting me use his drag radials and paying my way in to drag race. He says he is going to humiliate me and stomp me into the ground on the drag strip.

What skullduggery is he up to???

Anybody taking or making bets on who wins???

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quick said:
I bet $10 on Jim Jr.

Jim Sr: Please please please run 100 octane, ok? :)
Why would you say run 100 octane when my car is tuned so that when I switch to Hi-Power it is supposed to run 114 octane racing fuel??? When running Hi-Power my car dyno'd an easy 565RWHP... I have the 114 octane racing fuel for it.

Are you also giving odds on your bet???...haha...

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
oops! I forgot you're not running stock twins any more. doh!

I don't know who will win then... I take it back. :)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
The auto will win. There's not enough room for the old dawg's zoopra to stretch its legs :)

JimSr will be flying up on Jr's ass like a bat out of hell towards the end though :bigthumb:

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John Reed said:
I am betting on Jim Jr! :D

I would type more, but I need to get back to installing this GT47 and TH400! :bigthumb:
The Bopsie Twins, my Son and JohnR. There they go ganging up and picking on this poor olddawg again. No rest for me at all...

Well if you can complete it in a week and a half I will throw up my hands and give the race to JimJr...haha... You better be burning the midnight candles bub!!! Besides how is the weather in CA???

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
I think Kale and Spoolin 95 S T need to go and throw down some times too :bigthumb:

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You better be nice JOJO or I will spill "your" beans...haha...J/K...

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
John Reed said:
I am betting on Jim Jr! :D

I would type more, but I need to get back to installing this GT47 and TH400! :bigthumb:

Since you spent all weekend working on my car you probably fixed it so it won't go over a hundred miles an hour, or detuned it or something or rather, to make sure I can't beat JimJr. I better go out and check it out to see if it will run up to about 120 to 130MPH because that is how fast I will be going when I buzz around Jimmy 200 feet before the end of the quarter...haha...

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JimJr ragging on JimSr (poor olddawg dad)

"Also, prepare to get smacked down at the 1st import drags of the season. I'm
going to run. But, you can still use my drag radials and I will still stomp
you in the quarter mile. Har, har.
JimE"

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
You got it Dr Mike. I'll cut a 0.5+ sec faster 60 ft off the line than 93Dawg. At that point he'll be too busy watching a supra with stock twins from the rear; he'll become flustered, spin the tires, miss shifts, etc. He'll be gaining at the end but it won't be enough. Should be a close race but there's too many chances for him to screw it up in a 6 speed he hasn't raced in years and when he did he couldn't figure out the secret to a clean launch.

Then, there's secret weaponX, the tuning bug on his AEM he doesn't know about. :D :D

1 - 20 of 231 Posts