Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am re doing my sub's and have a few questions... I want to go with the JL 10w3v2 but, don't know which one to get (D4 or D2) and how do I run them (in series or parallel) They are going into a Brian B box :)

I currently have..
6.5" x 4 mb quarts and one Kicker Sub.
Punch 55.2 pushing the Sub and a Punch 200a4 pushing the Quarts

I am not looking to win any bass competitions but, like sound quality.. Is it possible to still use these Amps with the new subs?? Maybe put the Punch 55.2 to push the Quarts and the 200a4 for the Subs?? or will the P 55.2 bridged be enough for the subs?

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I know JL come out with the newest version of "W3" series, look into the10w3v3. I saw the woofer, completely redesigned

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
the v3's are pretty nice.

if you run a v2 are you going to run 1 or 2 or 3 or however many?

this will help you with your wiring. depends on what ohm load you want them to be at for your amplifier

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to run 2 10w3v2 in a Brian B box... I know you can wire them different but, which one should I get the D2 or D4??

·
1,924 Posts
StSupDog said:
I am going to run 2 10w3v2 in a Brian B box... I know you can wire them different but, which one should I get the D2 or D4??

88supramkiii said:
depends on what ohm load you want them to be at for your amplifier

see illustration for details

·
1,924 Posts
ditch your 55.2 and get something with better power rating. run them at 4 ohms for the best sound quality. if you're going to run two might as well just do two D4's

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,185 Posts
Get two (2) dual 2 ohm subs.

Each subwoofer can be wired into 4 ohms when you wire them into series(+ to -, vice versa). Then, wire the subs together in parallel (+ to + and - to -)to bring the total ohms to 2 (most amps offer the most power they're rated for [RMS] at 2 ohms).

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brianb said:
Get two (2) dual 2 ohm subs.

Each subwoofer can be wired into 4 ohms when you wire them into series(+ to -, vice versa). Then, wire the subs together in parallel (+ to + and - to -)to bring the total ohms to 2 (most amps offer the most power they're rated for [RMS] at 2 ohms).
Thanks for the help... 88supramkiii, brianb

I bumped into an old thread where you said you have a friend that has the 10w3v2's.. are they the d2 as well..? and how do they sound? did he port the box or leave it sealed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts