Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this? A guy has a 13.5" JL Audio W7 for sale on ebay. Right now it is at like $1050. There is about one day left. Anyone know what the retail will be if they ever release them. JL's website said should be august, maybe september, no later than october. And there is only one more day in October.

·
651 Posts
Two words for you guys...... BULL SHIT!

Talked to Dominic.....the National Sales Manager for JL. He has not shipped one single JL 13.5" W7 to ANYONE! The 12" is the only size that has been shipped and only to a very limited number of dealers. (About 5 nationwide)

If you can actually get this 13.5" W7 before mid November I will give you $1100!

JL themselves said that this is one of many hoaxes that is going around about their W7. They don't expect to ship it until December.

Trust me.... it's bullshit

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why has it taken so long for them to get the W7s out? I know they say on their site that they have to get them right, but december is a lot longer than expected.

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
I thought that was you that posted the thing about the 10's in the "Challenge" post, I'll go check who said it. I wouldn't have believed it but I thouhgt it was from you.....Here it is....

ThomasKenyon

Most definitely JL is making a W7 in the 10" size.

I have eight that are supposed to be here Wednesday.

Too bad every single W7 that is to arrive next week is already sold.

I guess that's not too much of a "bad thing". $$$$$$

Thomas Kenyon

10-21-2001 08:44 PM

·
651 Posts
The key phrase in that prior post was "supposed to"

You know, when it comes to things like this, I always look like the bad guy and look as though I am full of shit. JL has been saying to myself that the W7 will be released for months and months. The JL W7 was shown to us at CES over 2 years ago!! My prior information (straight from JL) stated that the subs were to arrive starting a few weeks ago. What they neglected to say was that only a few dealers would get the 12" W7. All other sizes would not be shipped. I was not one of the dealers that received the first run of 12" W7's. Because I have people that have PAID for their speakers, I am having to fade all the heat from my customers.

I think what is happening on EBAY is a person is selling something before they have the speaker. Most definitely the 13.5" will be the absolute last size to arrive.

I am just as frustrated with all of this misinformation as all of you.

Thomas Kenyon

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
Thomas,
I appologize if it seemed as though I was making you out to be the "bad guy". That was NOT my intention at all. I'm sure you're getting enough of that from actuall customers waiting for theese. I was just trying to clarify information. I'm not the biggest proponent of JL (mainly because everyone has them) but I'm damned excited about this SUB and like many others, I get a little jumpy when I hear they are comming, then aren't then are. Well, you know what I'm talking about. So, once again, sorry if I made it seem as if you were a liar, it was not my intention, nor is it my feeling.

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the EBAY ad, he says that he won the W7 at a competition at Tweeter.? So who knows? He sadi that he contacted JL and they said 5 retailers have this sub. There are 3 pictures of him with the sub. It looks pretty legit.

·
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now there is someone that has a dutch auction of the 12" W7s he has 6 of them for $900 each, anyone know what the retail will be? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts