Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard or seen these subs yet? I'm thinking about either these or some Eclipse subs, what would you guys pick? I'm gonna go for 2 12"s probably. Anyway, I need some information on these W7's!

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
One 12" is probably more than enough and if you dont go with the w7 go with the idmax 12. some people think it is better than the w7. the eclipse is pretty good but not as good as the other two but it is really nice looking.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the W7's are better than the Eclipse Aluminums and Titaniums? What are the W7's known for anyway, SQ or SPL? I want to hear these things, but no one here has them!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The w7 is a remarkable driver, and I've heard my fair share. It combines remarkable accuracy and musicality with unbelievable output. A single 12 or 13w7 will asbolute hammer, and sound phenomenal doing so.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
a big problem if you want a w7 will be that the mounting depth is about 10 inches. i am still trying to figure out how i can mount a w7 or idmax sub in the hatch area.

·
4,417 Posts
hakaida said:
a big problem if you want a w7 will be that the mounting depth is about 10 inches. i am still trying to figure out how i can mount a w7 or idmax sub in the hatch area.

Lemme know when/if you figure this out. I'm thinking the same thing!

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
i guess anything can be done. its just a matter of how much youre willing to pay to get some shop to make it fit. i am looking into making a 10" H x 19" W x 15"x D box with the idmax facing up and just leaving it in the back because im not going to pay big money for a custom install right now. i just want to get my stuff in there first. i think that the box will barely fit in the back and barely be enough room for the idmax. there is no way the idmax or w7 will sit flush with the carpet so some kinda custom stuff will have to be done.

·
4,417 Posts
hakaida said:
there is no way the idmax or w7 will sit flush with the carpet so some kinda custom stuff will have to be done.

I haven't measured the depth of the spare tire well... but maybe an IDMAX 10 would fit sideways. I attached a crude pic of my thought... dont know if it would work or not.

Thoughts?

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
if you move the sub in your pic in a box directly behind the rear seats that might work. i still have to take exact measurements but the ugly pic attached is what i am thinking will work. damn id phone support always says to leave a message and never gets back to me and doesnt answer emails.

·
4,417 Posts
I hope this picture makes more sense...

I was trying to say that if the sub were mounted facing forward or backward (instead of up)... and the enclosure wrapped around the bulge where the fuel pumps go that it might fit flush.

I put labels on this time... it still sucks but it might eb alittle better. :D

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
forget my idea for a box. i measured the hatch area and it wont fit. even the jl 10w7 has 8" depth. i better ask my hardcore car audio friends for ideas cuz im all tapped out.

·
4,417 Posts
Maybe we should just go with a couple of IDQs huh? :D

·
4,417 Posts
I'm thinking of going with a single 12".

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
i just bought the idmax for $304 shipped from www.speedsound.com because caraudiocrazy raised their price to $425 and they had them in stock. mmxpress is charging $303 (not shipped) and have a back order from them with no ETA. I WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT FIT! :D If i have to i will just leave the back seat down and stick it in a wedge box for the time being since no one has ever sat in the back and when i carry stuff around i just leave it in the passenger foot area.

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
got the idmax 12d4 today and damn that sucker is big and heavy. i guess i'll think about how to fit that thing in this weekend and might drop by some shops to see what they can come up with.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another problem. The magnet structure on the W7 is huge. If placed in the spare tire well near the fuel pump if will or can damage the fuel pump. I think the magent is strong enough to do so if placed to close to it. Maybe a few layers of FG would take care of that though?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts