Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Inline for the win
4,693 Posts
My goal is 700 to 800rwhp. Kinda low but realistic with the motor having a 100% stock head now. But I'm not so much after a number these days. Atleast not with this car. One day if I ever get back to the track and it goes 9s still I'll be more then happy. I know it can be done but idk if I want to risk it. I have nothing to prove anymore. That's what the other car will be for. Got bigger plans for it with all modern tech and parts.

I think me going back to this simpler old school setup might be the best thing I did for the car. I'm going to appreciate it much more then trying to keep up with the horsepower game that takes away alot from enjoying these cars. Someone is always going to be faster.
Same realization I came to 6 years ago. 800 is enough and you’ll find you tend to drive at much less to enjoy it.

One question, was that oil cooler new?

DP

·
Kappa Check 1 2
691 Posts
Joe back with the fire! Inspiring man! Looks awesome so far

-Rich

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
joe, please update your thread.
:)
Wish I could my man. I only have an upsetting update and that is my car is still stuck in the body shop. Car should of been done but this guy is dragging his feet badly. So much time went on since he painted the car that he has to redo the whole car because he feared the paint wasnt goin to match. Now hes having a hard time putting time into my car. I'm in such a shitty situation that I dont want to pull it outta there cause it's all in pieces.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Wish I could my man. I only have an upsetting update and that is my car is still stuck in the body shop. Car should of been done but this guy is dragging his feet badly. So much time went on since he painted the car that he has to redo the whole car because he feared the paint wasnt goin to match. Now hes having a hard time putting time into my car. I'm in such a shitty situation that I dont want to pull it outta there cause it's all in pieces.
Wow , ok. Sorry to hear that Joe. Seems like you are at his mercy at this point. Hate to hear these types of situations when the shop is holding you basically hostage. Good Luck and I'm sure it will all workout with due time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
:( i hate when they do that. I'm sorry about that man. hopefully, it will all work out for the best soon! 🍻

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Very worthy and much needed update for you guys that are still here. Finally got my car back on Sunday. I'm super happy with how it turned out. I feel like it's not even my car which is a good thing cause I always liked other peoples Supras more then my own. So here it is. Much work ahead with alot of updates.

·
JetFire
5,314 Posts
Nice work, that RPS manifold is a work of art. I agree it's easy to fall into the horsepower game. I'm on stock block myself with just over 800 at wheels, it's been almost 4 years at that power level. Everyone's asking what's next and when I'm doing the 1000HP build. Even strangers seem disappointed that it doesn't make a 1000 lol. I enjoy the car as it is now, I have a spare GE block I can drop off at Roche with parts since I'm local to him but I have no desire to.

Looking forward to updates with your build.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts