Supra Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nice work, that RPS manifold is a work of art. I agree it's easy to fall into the horsepower game. I'm on stock block myself with just over 800 at wheels, it's been almost 4 years at that power level. Everyone's asking what's next and when I'm doing the 1000HP build. Even strangers seem disappointed that it doesn't make a 1000 lol. I enjoy the car as it is now, I have a spare GE block I can drop off at Roche with parts since I'm local to him but I have no desire to.

Looking forward to updates with your build.
Thanks alot man. Roche is the man. My next motor will be built by him.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
691 Posts
New paint looks great Joe! Excited to see the progress! Oh and boy I can't wait to see her sitting on those HRE's! I know we've shared the sentiment that those are one of THE best looking wheels on our cars!

-Rich

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
New paint looks great Joe! Excited to see the progress! Oh and boy I can't wait to see her sitting on those HRE's! I know we've shared the sentiment that those are one of THE best looking wheels on our cars!

-Rich
Thank you again man. Literally cant wait till those babies are on!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Got some work done on the car. Very happy with how far I've got by myself for the most part. Only had help putting the motor in. Trans will go in this weekend I hope. Just had to get a new flywheel which I wasnt too happy about but whatever I'll sell my other one I have. Anyways enjoy the pics. I'll get better closer shots but these will do for now.

This is where I'm at as of last weekend. Looking at the picture I have to make my intake pipe and charge pipe. Kind of pissed I couldnt clock the turbo more to go straight down like how Precision turbos allows you to. I refuse to weld a turbo elbow on it so I have a 2.5" 45 degree coupler on the way to see if I can make that work to meet with the fender pipe. That's how all the old school RPS turbo kits were ran. But this one is going to be alittle different. After the fab work is done I get to put my catch can back on after I run my boost lines. Then I have to wait for my fuse box cover to get to me from the body shop since that will be painted gloss black as well. Then my bay should be pretty much complete. As long as I get my trans in this weekend I should be able to fire it up as soon as Alpha gets me my new basemap for Proefi. Stay tuned people.

·
Inline for the win
4,693 Posts
awesome.....

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
awesome.....
Thank you Sir

Got some other pics for you guys. Took off all my bolts out of the bay and painted them gloss black. I couldnt stand looking at the old bolts on the fresh finishes. I also added some factory looking loom in areas that was just wrapped in electrical tape to make everything that much neater. Really happy with how everything is turning out.

Got rid of my old HKS Ti and bought a brand new one from Induction Performance. I still have the Greddy Pe exhaust just dont know if I'm ever going to use it because till this day I still cant get over the TI Racing exhaust. The clamp provided didnt work at all so I had to grab one of my old vibrant clamps to work.

Finally got one of the last pieces in for the intercooler piping. Had to cut a little off to make it fit and tig welded beads at the ends so it dont pop off. Just waiting for it to come back from powdercoating along with the intake from polishing.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Really nice build.

You didnt add another gate to the RPS manifold? They are notorious for boost creeping and your wastegate is quite small.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
All coming together man, great f'in job.
Thank you Sir!

Really nice build.

You didnt add another gate to the RPS manifold? They are notorious for boost creeping and your wastegate is quite small.
Thank you. I wanted to stay true to the whole kit. And over the years Iv found keeping the og downpipe helps keep exhausts coming out the wastegate.

·
Kappa Check 1 2
691 Posts
Very nice! I'm so stoked for this build!

What is the second sensor on the FPR for? (the one on the right)

-Rich

·
Boost Junkie
12,432 Posts
Looks amazing, but I'm surprised you are choking it with that 3 inch downpipes and mid pipe?

Steve

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Looks amazing, but I'm surprised you are choking it with that 3 inch downpipes and mid pipe?

Steve
Thanks steve. Trying to reduce the chance of boost creep. Keeping the original downpipe and midpipe helps with that.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts