Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm happy to report my good buddy, and fellow to4r.com member, John Firth, is the latest 6-speed driver to break into the nines!! John has been nibbling around the edges for awhile now, having ran a couple of 10.0x ETs before, so you can just imagine how stoked he and his friends are with his latest achievement.

I actually received word from John much earlier this evening, but lost track of my celly for about five hours or so; otherwise, I would have posted this much earlier in the evening.

I don't know if John has instituted in recent power changes, and I'm sure he'll chime in and fill in the blanks, but he had been at 740 wheel for some time, even when he ran the very low 10s. If still true, this would be one of the lowest whp ratings for a 9-second car in my memory. Some of you follow the drag scene much more closely than I, so we'll see and wait to hear from John.

BIG CONGRATS to you, my man. I always knew you had it in you.

Ken.

·
basupra's worst nightmare
1,267 Posts
Thanks Ken! Looks like Tim beat you to it! :)

I haven't made any mechanical changes to the car since the 740 to the wheels, but I know I have to be making more now.

I can't wait to build the motor and turn up the boost to take full advantage of the turbo!

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Axoman said:
Thanks Ken! Looks like Tim beat you to it! :)

I haven't made any mechanical changes to the car since the 740 to the wheels, but I know I have to be making more now.

I can't wait to build the motor and turn up the boost to take full advantage of the turbo!
No problem, John. After all, this is a BIG celebration. Damn, you should dyno that thing just to find out exactly what she's putting out. My money says this is the least powerful 6-speed, 9-second car around, and that's not a backhanded compliment. That's some GREAT driving, tuning and chassis set-up. Congrats once again!

Ken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.