Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason over at JP Importz has been working his ass off for the past few months trying to get his Supra together and it's finally all starting to come together. While it's not totally done by a long shot, he's got a very good starting point and damn his car is FAST! Driving around with the turbo 400 tranny is fun :) I was over at the shop today and took some quick pics of the car so check them out. He also took home his very first trophy today at a local car show in which he ended up winning the class and so congrats again Jason :bigthumb:

Chris - 1997 Alpine Siver Supra
GT47-88 in the works :)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I would like to thank you to my guys at JPI for helping us putting this thing together in a short period of time. Thank you to David(my fab guy), Jarad Mitchell for selling the car to us and all the long hours that he put in, Sean and Nero @ Titans motorsport for getting us all the parts in a timely manner(where is my GT47-88 NERO? :) ), Justin N. at Tuning concept for all the help, Mike at Best in Show for the hook up on paint 214-348-1558, Shane W for letting us borrow the fender roller tool, Chris Tobert for taking all the pictures and setting everything up. Last but not least, my daughter Avery Phan for being you :) .
Here are some specs: 74gts, 1k cc injectors, Th400, AEM, Welds wheels set up, M/T D/R rear tires, 272 cams, intake manifold, 4" JPI full exhaust, JPI solid engine mounts, 75 shot of n/x etc..... Again thank to all that are involved in this project and continue to support us.
PS: This car has been in Texas for 4 years, We will make it legalize soon.
JPI

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The car looks great!!

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Wow Jason.. so this is the car? Looks good!! Its hard to tell from the pictures. but please tell me that you are using -4 for hte vacumn/wastegate fittings on the turbo side.. But the car is clean... now lets see it run a number!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
That turbo's a little small by todays standards, isn't it? :) j/k.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Car looks great man :bigthumb:!
Quick question though wont you have problems with the upper radiator pipe seams cracking when the engine flexs on the mounts under load seeing as there is no flexability in the hard pipe with Wiggins clamps?

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Jason man im glad you finally got the car done bro. I know you guys have been working hard down there to get her done.

Hows the Veilside manifold holding up and performing on her. Ive heard some pretty bad things about it. Just trying to see what your opinion on it was.

Car looks great man, good luck hunting skylines in it :)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Ebay intake manifold huh?

Tell us how it performs? Car looks great though.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
texasmr2 said:
Car looks great man :bigthumb:!
Quick question though wont you have problems with the upper radiator pipe seams cracking when the engine flexs on the mounts under load seeing as there is no flexability in the hard pipe with Wiggins clamps?
Greg,
We tested this set up for a while and never have any problems. Also solid engine mounts are in place, so it would reduce the movement.
Ian,
This is a copy of Veilside manifold. We went through many trouble to get it to fit. As you can see, my TPS was hitting the power steering pump pulley. We had to cut and welded the throttle plate at the different angle. Intake runner port doesn't match due to very poor casting, so we had to port every single runners. It does take some modification. Is it better than any other intake manifold outhere? I don't really know. We in the process of making our own manifold, I will let you know how it goes. Also a different and bigger set up will be in by Vegas meet. We should hook up and do some highway pulls.
JPI

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Wow, that car has come a long way since I last saw it!

I think 36Chambers just about summed it up: "Car looks like it means business".

Way to go Jason :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts