Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a jdm SW20 for a very good deal it has low mileage 90k km range and it has 3SGE. I know 3SGE is never avaliable in north america, i was wondering the reliablity and also avaliabilty on parts and stuff.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
90k km not miles lol plus is only 5k cdn, u can never find a SW20 for that price in canada period

·
A real OG.
124 Posts
It has a 3S-GE?

What the hell....:rolleyes:

USDM SW20's had 5SFE's, not 3S-GEs.

The Altezzas in japan have 3S-GE's but I don't know why you would put one in an MR2. I guess it'd be pretty decent performance wise. Is the car black? I think i've seen it somewhere...

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
MR2.2LITER said:
Weak, B18 killer though. NA that is .
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

E

·
0 Posts
not really. i used to own a mr2 5sfe and it was slow as balls. even with a beams 3sge it would still probably get owned by a b18 civic. mr2 is too heavy to be kept NA.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
just buy the american SW20 riceboy, even if you bought the car the price of shipping it and having it modified to be road legal (which you can't do) combined with the need to do a motor swap to be fast is all going to add up to a project that's quite a bit more expensive than just buying the turbo USDM Sw20.

·
The Few..The Proud..USMC!
433 Posts
Endz0r said:
not really. i used to own a mr2 5sfe and it was slow as balls. even with a beams 3sge it would still probably get owned by a b18 civic. mr2 is too heavy to be kept NA.
mr2's heavy!? I own one and it's pretty light. And BTW i am selling the whole motor and tranny and ECU if someone is interested in it for a n/a swap!!

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
2damaxsupra said:
lol the jdm SW20 is cheaper than the local mr2 non turbo
alright, let's say that there is no rule in the statutes for importing a vehicle that limits the vehicles that can be imported to cars that have no counterpart in the US (i.e., you can't get a supra because we already have them here, but you can get a chaser).

you would have:

price of JDM SW20
+ shipping
+ modifying for road legal use in the US
+ legalization fees
+ registration fees
+ fees from the registered importer you used (you can't do any of this yourself)
+ 3SGTE motor swap

you've now got a car that is more expensive than the USDM turbo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts