Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received a shipment from Jun Japan and have 1 (one) set of High lift 272's in stock.

Please be aware that this is not a drop in Cam, as you will need Custom Valves (which we can provide as well).
If anyone is interested please PM or Email me..

thanks,

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Spool penalty on a T6 frame vs HKS cams?

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Which HKS cams? Duration has an effect on dynamic compression ratio. Lower duration is typically suited better to low rpm torque, whereas more duration is typically suited to preventing the potential precipitous VE fall-off at high-rpm/high piston speeds.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
272 vs. 272

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
just changing lift alone should not hurt your spool, however though both have the same advertised duration, i believe the jun cams actually have a longer duration at .050" which shouldnt make a noticeable lag difference, but the extra 1.5mm lift will show a large power increase.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Lift effects air velocity, which effects cylinder filling and the ability (or inability) for the fuel to atomize optimally

Adding lift certainly will effect spool

just changing lift alone should not hurt your spool, however though both have the same advertised duration, i believe the jun cams actually have a longer duration at .050" which shouldnt make a noticeable lag difference, but the extra 1.5mm lift will show a large power increase.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Naturally, more air and fuel you push into these engines, the more HP. Higher lift cams are ideal for turbo charged engines because it increases the volume of air/fuel for combustion. So between 2 cams with same duration but one with a higher lift, the higher lift cam will yield more power.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no problem....let me know if you need anything else.

we have some more on order, so as soon as they become available i will let everyone know.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
JUN does have cams available for the 1jz, however they have 9.3mm of lift, not 10.8mm. They will be priced approximately the same, the expense of these cams is the EMS shipping, taxes/duties, weak dollar, etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts