Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay first of all how do u hook up an electric fan..... i got one and i try to do it but it didn't work so just wondering how it's suppose to be hook up.... and second the stock ct26 is internal waste gate but is there any way to make it external and if so how???

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i just did my electric fan set up. get whatever fan you want then you want to buy a "spal" electronic adjusting fan controller. it uses your stock water sensor and is very easy to hook up. OR

what i was thinking of doing is just buying a 185 degree switch. its a separate sensor that turns the fan on at 185 degrees and turns it off at 165 degrees. nothing to adjust at all. then hook that up to a relay of course. they make kits available. spal makes that too. the down fall to this set up is that you need to make room for another sensor. lucky me...i have a single set up on my 1jz and had left over plugged up coolant lines that werent in use anymore so i would've hooked the sensor to a hose and connected to that extra line.

whatever you do do not make it so it will ALWAYS be on and try not to do the "i will flip a switch when i see it gets hot" method. the kit is only like $50 bucks.

why would you want the ct26 external? just keep it how it is. it'll be a waste of money. you'd minus well get a different turbo.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ight thanks... and bout the turbo i was just wondering cause i got a extra tial wastegate sitting around cause my buddy didn't need it anymore so i was just wondering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts