Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It was worth the wait... More pics of them on the car when I install them.
Thanks to kenlude97 on this board who took time out of his very busy schedule to do them for me :)

-mike

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments :) I'm sure Ken would appreciate them as well.

It was polished. I'm going to clear coat it so hopefully it'll still look good after being on the car for awhile. I am more of a polishing kind of guy, chrome is too much bling for me!

Pic before polished valve covers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the complements Mike. I just wish that they could of been done sooner for you :dunno: Thanks for understanding :)

Aluminum can be chromed. But that process is getting more and more expencive. Mostly becuase the disposal of the chemicals is getting very expencive to dispose of properly.
When chroming aluminum you need to "polish" the surface. Mostly to smooth the surface out. then you need to Zinc plate the covers and then copper plate the covers and then lastly Chrome the cover. The chrome and Aluminum react to eachother. So that dictates the need of the other 2 coatings.

Oh yea please for give my spelling...

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WildDog said:
How much was it to polish those because it looks very well done
$0 + supplies... One of the benefits of having a close friend :)

But Ken will definetely be rewarded for his time!
:beer:

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
Nice! finish it off with a polished radiator pipe tho..then it will look even more bitchin :)

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
mike your car looks like crap and is slower then a geo metro :fawk:

Looks good, now go ahead and get it all tuned up on the race gas and lets see some real numbers out of the car. Then bring it down here since so we can have the cars together again.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the compliments!

I plan on getting a radiator pipe sometime down the rode as well as a stock fan shroud (I can finally remove my electric fans). This will cover up the pulleys... Then polish the power steering canister possibly. The battery wiring needs to be cleaned up a bit and I need to make a battery mount. And a racing type II bov needs to replace that tiny hks ssqbov!

Ken: Yes, you do great work! Considering half the stuff in there that's polished was done by you :)

Porter: Thanks for the comments buddy.. always means something coming from you! :fawk: I seriously was planning on going for big boost soon but the power levels at 16psi is just insane right now. Give me a few weeks until I get used to it, then 30psi is coming! By that time, maybe you'll actually have a turbo on your car :p

·
Tartan Pimpernel
230 Posts
looks great!

maybe polish up the waterneck ?

-c-

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chrisrocks said:
looks great!

maybe polish up the waterneck ?

-c-

Good call - once the polished rad pipe goes on the non-polished water neck will really stand out!

I'll see if Ken has any spare time later this summer :)

·
Tartan Pimpernel
230 Posts
yeah that`s what I`ve been thinking..... I`m looking for a polished rad pipe before I fit my polished waterneck. :)

-c-

1 - 20 of 30 Posts