Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wsup everybody, i just wanted to know if it is hard to change a 5 speed into a 6 speed. Cause i was thinkin about it and i didn't know if it would work or not. thanks for the help!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more quick question, whats the difference between a 97 supra and all the other years of a supra. Because i am debating on which year i should get! thanks a lot!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 spd is N/A, and it would probably run 5-6k for the swap to 6spd. If you are looking for a turbo car though it has to be 6spd.

The only major change was the introduction of OBDII in 96. Other than that, all the years are pretty much the same.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info scott, i'm gonna buy a supra soon. Also what is OBDII?

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
KappaBoi said:
Thanks for the info scott, i'm gonna buy a supra soon. Also what is OBDII?
OBDII is On Board Dianostics 2. This is a newer system the OBDI (93.5-95 supras).

BTW the major difference for the '97 supra was the addition of the 15th anniversary Limited Edition sticker. The glue from the sticker seeps into the the moter through the car body and adds 10-15 extra horse power.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know what the OBDII does in the newer supras?

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
The main reason people mention the obd2 in the newer supra's is that the check engine light will come on if you put a downpipe on the car. The downpipe eliminates the cats which causes the check engine light. In the earlier obd1 cars this does not happen. MVP sells a device to fool the obd making the light go away though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think scanners to check th error codes that OBDII throws are more expensive too. But performance wise, there isn't any real difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts