Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just another red dawg?!?

April and May seem to be the months for red supras. It was not a great day to take photos but I headed out to my favorite picture spot under cloudy cover anyway...a grave yard. I've had this supra for 6 years now and it has over 105K miles on it. The major mods include a small single turbo (PHR GT60 DBB turbo kit), AEM ECU, titan fuel rail, 850 cc injectors, 2 walbro fuel pumps, Boostlogic built transmission, PI 3800 stall converter, and Tein HA coilovers. All performance upgrade work was done by RRevMotorsports and various fab work (i.e. roll bar, grille, undercover sheet metal, catch can, etc) was done by Kreative Images. It is truly a blast to drive as full boost is only a split second away after mashing the petal.

I hate the stock plastic under engine covers, especially after it is hacked up to put a FMIC in, so I had it redone in sheet metal. The access panel with the zeus fasteners in the pictures is to the remote oil filter.

Exterior shots...The rear is still a little high. In the next month I'll drop the car some more.

Engine bay. I like chrome. It's easy to clean.

The interior...I had some stringent requirements on the roll bar such as being able to put my seat all the way back with a decent angle since I'm 6'5", and still being able to stow the targe top in the rear. Happily there is no compromise with the roll bar in the car (other than some notching on the rear seats to clear the rear bars) and it makes the car so much stiffer.

The dyno at 27 psi on a conservative tune...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Such a beautiful supra. I cant wait to see this car in person.

I look forward to you runnin this bad boy down the track this year!

·
Turbos and Tattoos FTW
1,981 Posts
Looks great..I really like the chrome..my engine bay needs some and a single turbo aswell.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
At first I said to myself, oh great, another 105k mile Supra, yawn, I bet the engine bay will be dirty as shit and a beat ass interior.

Your engine bay and interior are out of control clean.

Damn that shit is hot. I'm going to have to clean out my bay next weekend.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
It looks SUPER Son. What a nice bunch of pictures.

This is one of the finest examples of a beautiful modified Red Supra that I have personally seen.

So did it feel like you had a "tiger" in your tank when you turned on the high power switch with the racing fuel in the tank??? You took off in front of me and I never saw you again...

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it goes on the go juice, 27 lbs of boost, and drag radials. :D I must have went through 15 gallons of race gas this weekend.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
I am anxious to see what it will do on the drag strip when you feel that everything is just right...:bigok:

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,473 Posts
The WTP work looks great, I also have it done on several engine bay pieces. Very clean ride, the undercarriage work is my personal favorite. :)

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it works great except in areas that might be exposed to corrosive fluids. I had the brake fluid reservoir done and there was some seepage that caused a little lifting but it still looks ok. The rest of the work stands up real good to the heat.

The WTP work looks great, I also have it done on several engine bay pieces. Very clean ride, the undercarriage work is my personal favorite. :)

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
for the record your "just another red supra" engine bay picture just became my new wallpaper. I would probably eat off that intake mani/TB. :D

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Every thing is found on earth though. :D

that is a stunning supra, and I mean all aspects.

That seat belt looks like it came out of a rocket ship!

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They're 8 year old Volk III's, but just had the center sections redone in lamborghini gray and the lips repolished. I liked the wheels, just needed to freshen them up a bit. No videos yet. Hopefully this year it will go in the 10's and I'll get something on video.

VERY NICE SUPRA! can i ask what wheels those are? they look great on ur car. any videos of this dawg ? ?

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks! This is the first time I've got decent pics of it.

for the record your "just another red supra" engine bay picture just became my new wallpaper. I would probably eat off that intake mani/TB. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
i love how u get to eveyrones questions! thanks for answering mine, i know some ppl wouldnt take the time to do so. anyway nice supra, hot wheels, def unique. look forwaord to seeing a vid or 2 in the near future =] take care
payce~

·
Registered
702 Posts
A lil more on the exterior and that may be one of my favorite Red Supras! Looks amazing and I really like what you did with the interior! Great Job!

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. About the only thing I'd consider on the exterior is Ken's Kansai lip otherwise I just want to keep it simple and clean.

A lil more on the exterior and that may be one of my favorite Red Supras! Looks amazing and I really like what you did with the interior! Great Job!

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
i think the exterior is perfect, im the type of person who thinks stock bodied supras with nice wheel choice are the hottest. Everyone and their mom has a lip/body kitted supra.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts