Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soooo happy, I have been wanting to get a mkiii for about a 1 1/2-2 years, finally I have it.
Its a 1990 turbo, t-top, 5 speed with new burgandy paint. The guy I bought it from did some mods to it, its got a 3-inch exaust turboback, an HKS turbotimer, new spark plugs + wires, and a K&N open element air filter. I am way happy now that I can actually join the team of mkiii owners on the forums, I have always had to just listen and dream. I will get pics up tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HG is fine, this car has never gone over 6 psi so it doesnt matter too much, I am gonna get a 1.5 mm metal one once I start modding it. Thanks though

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
BTW , just to nit pick, its really isnt called a T-Top, its a targa top, t-top is what camero's have.:p
nice car though
cool that ya got some mods!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ckanderson said:
BTW , just to nit pick, its really isnt called a T-Top, its a targa top, t-top is what camero's have.:p
nice car though
cool that ya got some mods!
Just to nit pick... its called a sport roof. Targa is what porsches have :p

Anyway sounds like you got a great car there. Whats the mileage? And thank you for not posting any newb questions.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
L.Williams said:
HG is fine, this car has never gone over 6 psi so it doesnt matter too much, I am gonna get a 1.5 mm metal one once I start modding it. Thanks though
ummm from the list of mods already on the car....its gone past 6psi...stock is 6.8psi and with the intake and exhaust youre gonna be around 8-9psi without touching anything else....depending on how the exhaust was done.....

so you might want to get a compression and leakdown test done just to be safe and then have fun with it....

as for the targa top it was called a sport roof from the dealer i believe but the common tearm is targa top....so youre both right lol and T-top.....the T could stand for targa? lol

oh and congrats and welcome to hell!

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Get the compression and block/HG test, for sure.

Since some nit picked, so will I.:

T-Top is a T-top, with a bar in the middle.

I understand that you may have been saying "T-top" to shorten Targa top, but then again:

I believe that there is a difference betwen sport-roof and targa top.

Sport roof: screwed into the roof with the allen-bolt set-up.

Targa top: clamped on to "locking bars" with a clip/clamp mechanism (hook is swung over and locked/clamped on to a bar).

EDIT: CMY TOY guy from Aussie, the MR-2 has a T-top, not a Targa.

Congrats on the purchase. Post info and pics if yu can/feel like it.

Welcome. Best regards.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Matt the Boost Retard represents Kyle right

oh congrarts..... on getiing a mkiii......if you love your car it will love you back

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mk3turbosupra said:
Welcome dude! Thousand Oaks in near San Fran right? We have a little gathering of local Supras here called NorCal Supras.. shoot me an email if you want more info.. [email protected]
Thousand Oaks is in SoCal:) 818

We have one 7M guru here in the San Fernando Valley, and that is Dean Marcum. Hopefully we can get some good SoCal meets going again, and you can join us. We had a huge Woodland Hills meet last year, with about 75 supras there:).

Dominic

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Yeah another socal guy. I'm in Chino Hills, but i guess you can read that huh. You should look on the socal website and come to some of the meets.

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
SupraspeedMKIII said:
welcome to hell
Hahaha takin a trip down memory lane, that brings up the night i drove my first blue supra home. Everyone was saying shit like that and i didnt listen to them at all. Boy was i stupid... :)

Edit - And i remember the first day you picked up your toilet, Orian. That thing was stocker than stock! :D

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
if its 2 main rules about owning a supra..it has to be along these lines

always check coolant amount/color
always check oil every 1000 miles until you get a feel of when it starts to go low.

be meticulous and you wont have many problems.

·
Borris the blade..
243 Posts
AWIDESUPIE said:

EDIT: CMY TOY guy from Aussie, the MR-2 has a T-top, not a Targa.

Correct! Although they are all classified as "Sport Roof" under Toyota and stuff like carfax.........It is a T-TOP, not a targa.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
hey L. Williams!

u live in the best place a MKIII owner can live! ;) good ol Socal! we'll take care of u man! SoCalSupras.com is switchign servers now so u cant register there yet! but... its been temporarily moved here.....

http://www.935motorsports.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

i hold weekly Friday night meets in Rowland Heights! hit me up on AIM if u wanna chat at "SupraNick1"! if u need anything im the guy u can contact to get pointed in the right direction! ;)

welcome to SF and most of all SoCalSupras! :cool:

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Hope your prepared to spend some $$ and piss off your gf.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts