b) Wrong forum.

:fruit:

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
a.) I ony paid $4k for this
b.) Skylines are hot-this is prob the closest thing I'll have to one
c.) Who do you know that is rocking a RB26?
d.) A RB'd 240 will whoop on most 2J's mod for mod-obviously, my stock RB won't hold a match to a built 2J
e.) Great for the drifts

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
jz_killa_t68 said:
Who do you know that is rocking a RB26?
I don't know anyone "rocking" an RB26, but I know quite a few people driving RB-powered vehicles.
A RB'd 240 will whoop on most 2J's mod for mod
Ummm...no. Take a RB with mods, and a 2JZ with mods. Put both in to 240SX cars. 2JZ car wins, assuming both engines were modded identically.
Great for the drifts
So is any lightweight RWD car, regardless of the powerplant used. If you just want to "drift" the car, you should install a torquey V8 instead of a high-rpm straight-6.

·
Premium Member
12,615 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
c) he probably just wanted to show off and make people go "that's hot yo~!"

maybe?
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Yeah but aren't they usually Aristo motors meaning a PITA to swap.

Forza,
Kevin
You can still find the Supra 2jz-gte for under 4000, tranny included.

·
Registered
205 Posts
jz_killa_t68 said:
d.) A RB'd 240 will whoop on most 2J's mod for mod-obviously, my stock RB won't hold a match to a built 2J
e.) Great for the drifts
A) Thats better
B) Just wait 9 years, the 25 year exemption rule will be in affect and everyone in the US who wants one can get an R32 for dirt cheap.
C) I know a few people, 2 are in GTRs though, 1 is in a 240z and the other is in a 240sx.
D)I post at just about every skyline board, and was waiting two years for a GTR from Rbmotoring and honestly mod for mod the 2jz-gte is superior to the RB, especially on stock turbos. Unless you lucked out and got a N1 engine with N1 turbos which is highly unlikely, the limit for the stock turbos on an Rb26dett is 1.0 bar for 32/33, I know you didnt get an R34 motor for $4000 so that's not even part of the equation. It's a good motor, but it's not end all be all, the total package is what makes the GTR so great.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
there are tons of RB powered 240s, but not many rb26. why you ask? the swap is VERY difficult. as in, expect to spend over $10g's makin it work if you do it yourself. probably 20 at a shop

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
You can buy an R32 GTR in canada For about 25k CDN dollars.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,047 Posts
we're not talking about a McLaren F1 here, an R32 GT-R in great condition with low mileage can be had for the less the cost of a brand new 350Z; in some cases as cheap as an MKIV of similar year. it's not impossible to own a GT-R.

d.) A RB'd 240 will whoop on most 2J's mod for mod-obviously...
not it won't and RB series motors tend to overpower the S13/S14 chassis even from a roll.

e.) Great for the drifts
not true. an RB26DETT is a very heavy motor. it would have been better to go with an SR, a KA-T or like dan said, a V8. an LS series is cheaper, has loads more torque and it's made from aluminum instead of cast iron.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
jz_killa_t68 said:
e.) Great for the drifts

a) That's 4k too much, it's an ebay motor and is going to be a high miled blown POS, if you were going to waste money on that overpriced engine you should have at least gone through a known importer not camron v.5.
b) Having the motor doesn't mean you have a skyline, what makes the skyline "hot" is ATTESA which you won't have
c) There are a few people with RB26 240's and countless with RB25/20, more RB26's than 1/2jz 240s
d) Actually it won't touch a 2jz "mod for mod", I have a RB powered 240 and I can garentee mod for mod it won't touch a MKIV let alone a 2jz in a S chasis. (mkiv on a 1000 pound diet)
e) Coulnd't be further from the truth, the best "drift" engine is and always will be the SR for the 240.

I have $200 that says this thing never runs and he ends up selling it. As far as engines go the RB26 is very low on the list of good swaps.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts