Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I finally got myself an MK3! But it needs some work, the body is in great condition, there is basically no rust or dents or anything and All I got under the hood is the bottom end of a 7mgte that is all rusty. So I have some questions, There is a guy who has a 7MGTE with all the parts on it just sitting But it has spun a bearing, I was thinking of buying it off him and having it rebuilt, so how much should I offer him? Also where could I get an Instrument cluster for my mk3?

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
but the engine for like 3-500$ and you can find a cluster here or on sm in the for sale sections. make sure when rebuilding to do a lot of searching and take the proper step to making a healthy motor. there are certain things you must do and machine to make sure the engine will last.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read somewhere that if theengine spun a bearing you can never really push it to hard after that, is this true? will it be alot weaker than if I just bought a jdm, i'm looking to get 400+ hp out of it.

· 91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,977 Posts
in that case you're better off getting a new head from somewhere (for sale section) and rebuildind that old bottom block that is in your car right now. And what I really don't understand is why people keep on picking up all these old beat mk3 expecting it's a easy fix.

· Registered
472 Posts
^^No, you need power to the seat for the seat to move.

There is a pull tab on the rear seats(bottom) that allows you to remove the seats.

Here is your new best friend, Factory Service Manual.

I would offer the seller of the used engine $200 and see where that gets you, w/a spun bearing it isn't worth much more. You shouldn't have an issue with building up the engine, once you have the crank milled, it should be as good as new.

Newbie's guide to Modifying your MK3 turbo, should help you understand what is needed to for your hp goals.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks 87targa!
I have gotten the rear seats out already tho.. It was pretty nasty, a rodent must of been living under there cuz it was all chewed up and it smelled like piss.
The only seat I got left is the drivers seat but I can't get to the bolts. I ran power to it but the seats motor was just clicking, so I kind of gave up for tonight.

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
did you try running power to it the other way? was it in the all the way back position? for the forward backwards motor on the seat if you reverse power and ground it will go opposite ways. if the motor wasn't spun to bad the crank can be saved if not you'll have to search for a new crank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.