Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 178 Posts

·
498 Posts
The XXR 521's are perfect like everyone else is saying and I totally agree. You got a whole red/black theme thing going on anyway. Paint the hood and targa top to match with the rest of the body (obvious), paint the mesh on the TRD hood and in the Do-Luck Bumper intakes black to give it an OEM'ish look, some stock side markers (amber). Cause as great as the white ones look sometimes they just remind me of something from eBay. Some 97-98 front bumpers markers and you're set. I'm also assuming you're painting your calipers too before the wheels go on or once you got it back home. Looking good though man I must say.

Cheers,

Kirk

·
Whats The Symbology Here?
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
The XXR 521's are perfect like everyone else is saying and I totally agree. You got a whole red/black theme thing going on anyway. Paint the hood and targa top to match with the rest of the body (obvious), paint the mesh on the TRD hood and in the Do-Luck Bumper intakes black to give it an OEM'ish look, some stock side markers (amber). Cause as great as the white ones look sometimes they just remind me of something from eBay. Some 97-98 front bumpers markers and you're set. I'm also assuming you're painting your calipers too before the wheels go on or once you got it back home. Looking good though man I must say.

Cheers,

Kirk
thanks alot Kirk, i am well on my way, i actually already ordered the 93 lights, but im going to return them because i like the amber ones better :) i was originally gonna do all blue led lights and such but ill save them for the more tasteful spots. thanks for the compliments!

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
BTW, found this in another thread... this is basically what i want!

XXR 521
18x10 rear
18x8.5 front
dunno tire size yet, still deciding/figuring it out

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
does anyone know if anyone on the forums restores headlights? my friend ryan told me someone on the forums did years ago... like for instance i would ship them my head lights and they would clean the inside and such...

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
PS. these are the sizes of the wheels im getting... does anyone know if they would fit?
Size: 2 Front Rims are 18X8.5 with +30 offset

Size: 2 Rear Rims are 18x10.0 with +25 offset

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 & 5x120

·
Registered
581 Posts
Bolt pattern is correct (5 x 114.3), but I think most people that get 10" rear wheels stay around the +40-50 offset range. I'm not completely sure about this though, so you might want to wait for another person to chime in ;P

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Bolt pattern is correct (5 x 114.3), but I think most people that get 10" rear wheels stay around the +40-50 offset range. I'm not completely sure about this though, so you might want to wait for another person to chime in ;P
gotcha, yeah i called the people that make the wheel, and they said it should fit my car no problem. lets see what happens lol.

BTW. new pics tomorrow. i got all of the things i needed fixed, fixed with the ac condenser brackets, we just made customs ones and the hood pins are now on. looks really good!

·
Registered
182 Posts
does anyone know if anyone on the forums restores headlights? my friend ryan told me someone on the forums did years ago... like for instance i would ship them my head lights and they would clean the inside and such...
U can clean your own headlights... bakes and open em

there are tons of threads about it

gl, keep witht he updates

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
and phot shoot with the gf.....when? ;)
lol yeah man, as soon as its painted lol

U can clean your own headlights... bakes and open em

there are tons of threads about it

gl, keep witht he updates
really? i heard that you can do that, im not sure how.... are there any threads that explain how to?

Dude those wheels are hot, but no paint work that shop didnt give you a good deal??
lol thanks, wait the ones on my car or the ones i wana put on my car? and naw they did, but im waiting cuz i need to replensih the account lol

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So I need to update:

I am Doing a 93 to 97-98 Turn Signal Conversion.

Here is what I need for the Conversion From MVP (Thanks to 2HIGH~PSI for link)
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...466&SearchYN=N

And here is what it look like.

And here is a Step-By-Step guide for how to do it, Again, From MVP (And again thanks to 2HIGH~PSI for link)
http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/mercha.../tsinstall.htm

Now, This is what it looks like from Toyota.

Heres my confusion, Do I need both, The kit from MVP, and The Kit From Toyota?
The kit from Toyota comes with the Nut Nut Back (2), Lens and Housing (3), Signal lamp Signal lamp Back (4), Clearance lamp Clearance lamp Back (5), AND the Socket (6).

NOW, according to the guy at toyota, either the left or right assembly doesnt come with (6) so that confuses me... and should i get all of that AND the kit from MVP...? this is where I am lost. so please help.
Thanks guys.

joeM

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Another Update:

New AeroCatch Hood Pins From Tommy @ JRP in MD

Driver Side Hood Pin Installed

Passenger Side Hood Pin Installed

Both Hood Pins Installed

And here is the fix to my most recent problem-- the AC Condenser not having brackets...

Custom Passenger Side AC Condenser Bracket

Custom Driver Side AC Condenser Bracket

Passenger Side Radiator Bracket

Driver Side Radiator Bracket

All Of It Together!

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
the rims will fit but will most likely need rolling or cutting in the rear to prevent rubbing based on tire sizes. not much of a big deal to have them fit right. i am aslo going with 521's with the red rivets.
Yeah, im going to do the red rivets i think and paint them the same color as my car. or just get the chrom rivets and leave them... not sure yet....
these are temporary wheels, till i get my CCW 505a's, but i like them alot!

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Last thing...

In regards to my wheel choice...

Now its:
The XXR 512's
18x8.5 with +30 offset with 245 in the front
and
18x10 with +25 offset with 275 in the rear

Then...

Sell the Enkei ??? what are on my car.

Then...

CCW 505a's
18x10 with a ??? Offset with 265 in the front
and
18x13 with a ??? Offset with 295 - 315 in the rear

WITH...

Veilside Overfenders, front and back.

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
get the 97-98 turn signals tomorrow, and then i am getting the MVP conversion kit! new pics soon!

·
Registered
20 Posts
i like the progress you put into the supra ,you have her looking really good keep up the good work....and thank you so much for taking the fish off the truck...lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
will you be doing a motor swap in the future or will you be doing a bolt-on turbo kit? i have a 95jdm...rhd supra and i just get a gte motor. i know the feeling about getting a supra you like and a gte would complete your project

101 - 120 of 178 Posts