Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my 88 turbo with engine fire, it just burnt some hoses and my wiring harness& distributer, but when i was redoing all my hoses and awaiting wiring harness shipment i decided i should go ahead and check the plugs, the first 4 came out no prob, the 5th had a little resistence but not much at all, number 6 broke off, the threads down stuck in there, tried an easyout but it just stripped, so now the head has to come off, ive done enough research to know how to do the mhg, but what about my sparkplug, how do i go about doing this? ive got a guy that can do all the assembly but what should i have him do about the plug? please help me out:)

·
MKIII Bodykit Connoisseur
914 Posts
um.... pull it out.... heheheh... while yer at it, get new plugs and wires....

if you're taking the head off, it shouldn't be too hard to get in there and get it out.... (theoretically).... unless i missed something...

oh yeah.... btw, welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but will the hole be bigger so i will have to run one oversized plug or will it be just like before?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yes, welcome! Man, that Sucks with the spark plugs! Welcome to a world of pleasure and pain.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Helicoil.....

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Well, from what i heard, yes. never done it before.....

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Spark plug is no big deal, as you owuld have had the head off the car within a few months of ownership anyway. (NEver seen a mk3 before that did'nt blow the head gasket right before someone bought it, or engine, etc)

Depending on budget, go with a stock or MHG, Stock is good for awhile at least. Torque to 72ft/lbs

Welcome

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts