Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allot of air was escaping from places I thought it could never escape from like the oil cap and a tin canister right by the EGR. I knew the canister by the EGR was bad but never got it replaced yrt. How does air leak from the oil cap? can I get a TRD or do they even make TRD oil caps?

·
Registered
346 Posts
diliyo said:
allot of air was escaping from places I thought it could never escape from like the oil cap and a tin canister right by the EGR. I knew the canister by the EGR was bad but never got it replaced yrt. How does air leak from the oil cap? can I get a TRD or do they even make TRD oil caps?
How did you do the test? I want to do one for my car...

·
Registered
496 Posts
diliyo said:
You have to block off the PCV hose on the passenger side. You were probably pressurizing your entire crankcase, which wouldn't happen normally. Were you pressurizing the intake side of the turbo inlets when this happened?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I was pressurising the intake!

As for the test its easy, I just went to home depot and got a 3" PVC valve cap and a 10 ft tube and bought brass connectors, one for the output of my air tank (air tank @18 from Walmart) and the other put through the PVC cap (made tiny hole and sealed brass peice in there with rubber sealant) Then 1 turned the air on slowly.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where exactly did you put the 3" pvc cap?

thanks
carl

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right where the intake is on the turbo. Just tighten the cap, caps 3" and intake manifold is about 2.5", and it should be air tight. These things are so easily made and work great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts