Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and what a time consuming task it was! I made a template out of cardboard first then traced the pattern onto raw plastic. I don't have any electric nibber tools, this was done all by hand with a file. :eek:

It's mostly done; I just need to use some Lexan polish to remove the scratches in the plastic.

All-in-all I am fairly happy with the way it turned out.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. These Greddy electronics were advertised as "1/4 DIN," but they have different heights and widths! I couldn't figure out a clean way to install these without doing something custom. They wouldn't fit side-by-side in a Toyota DIN pocket either.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Looks really good man! :)

I want to do the same thing, for a hks TT and profec b spec2, I got a plastic plate just under my stereo and have a pre-cut slot(1/4 din) that I can remove and those will fit pretty well, maybe I will have to modify it a bit to fit the profec like you but maybe the spec2 is less taller.

anyway, by seeing yours I'm sure it fit good and looks good too. ;)

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
paddlenbike said:

It's mostly done; I just need to use some Lexan polish to remove the scratches in the plastic.
Or you could wrap the plastic in black vinyl. That'd cover up the tiny chips around the stereo headunit. Good job.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I don't yet have a boost controller, (which I will probably mount inside my glove box), but my HKS Turbo Timer got velcro'ed into the inside of my DIN pocket. (Leaving just enough room beside it for my Cell phone ;))

http://deluxeportal.com/personal/supra/g2_dash.jpg

(Sorry for the large pic)

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
looks nice man, I will someday do that for my car... but first it needs to run, all right, peace

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Nice set up... I definately second the vinyl covering idea. It'll be easier to keep looking good than constantly fighting scratches.

Has anyone though of fiberglassing that stupid center panel and splitting it in front of the shifter to make it two pieces so it is not as much of a PITA to put on and off. I really hate how toyota puts the radio so low in the dash.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hawkeye said:
Nice set up... I definately second the vinyl covering idea. It'll be easier to keep looking good than constantly fighting scratches.
What exactly is vinyl covering?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
im guessing they mean the same stuff stickers are made of...rahter than the stuff that is used to imitate leather.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I was talking about using vinyl like you would cover a sub enclosure or seats with. Just glue and wrap and it will look nice... you'd only need a tiny amount to do that piece. Sounddomain.com sells black heat shink vinyl.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Very clean and very nice workmanship.

Khris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts