Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Just got a new toy.
Its a Evo 9 Black STOCK( Ill post some pictures tomorrow or so).
I have about 1.8grand for left for aftermarket parts.
Any suggestions on what I should do?
Help a little man out here !
Thanks, and ANY advice, I 'd aprreiciate it.

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
Yeah I know a kid you need to talk to... let me find his info he is the evo dude I know here in san diego

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha TRUST ME, I left ENOUGH money for the insurance.
And thank you Emonz for the nice response !

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer 4d $238.00
that's what I pay every 6 months full coverage.

Congrats on the evo9. I love mine! Take it to a PDX track day and get your feet wet!

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
Start off with paying someone to install a twin disk for you and get a built transfer case. I've helped with 4 evo 8/9 clutches and 1 evo x clutch. There an absolute PAIN to do. Drivetrain is definitely a weak point.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
No idea why you posted in the "General Supra" section. :nuts:

Moving to "Other Cars"...

·
Took 4 years, got it
836 Posts
Start off with paying someone to install a twin disk for you and get a built transfer case. I've helped with 4 evo 8/9 clutches and 1 evo x clutch. There an absolute PAIN to do. Drivetrain is definitely a weak point.
You can make plenty of power on the stock Tcase. My old Evo is making 500 or so on the stock 03 T case which is the weak one, It has been on a turbo upgrade for 2 years now. The 05+ T case is far better than the 03-04s. The people who blow them apart all the time just don't know how to drive or beat the piss out of the car. You NEED to change the T case and tranny fluids just about every 6-8k miles and when you launch don't drop the clutch. Obviously dont do donuts in dry pavment either lol. Im not saying they are strong, but they are not as weak as people play them out to be. My old car ran consistant low 11s and trapped 126 on multiple passes last year. The T case has been through at least 40 1/4 passes and the slowest run of them all was a 12.3 at 115 with shitty ass driving and low boost

As for the clutch 100% agreed. When We did my clutch it was a royal pain in the balls. Granted I didnt have the lift at the time which would make it 1000x better but still. Stock clutch sucks in the Evo and takes alot of time to do a clutch swap. I ran a Exedy twin which I liked alot. Id also recommend one but save up some coin they can be expensive.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Congrats dude. I just got one too. seems like everyone is trying to grab them up now that they are going down in price.
I am still hoping this turns to be a good headache free car.

Oh and on the insurance. . . . Man I wish i was married still. I paid $800 a year for my 07z when married. Now single and got the EVO and like $1500 a year with the same coverages.

I took my friend out in it the other night cuz he wanted to check it out. (knows nothing about cars) he almost shit himself from the power. I was getting ready to hit a hard turn and going fast. he said I might wanna slow down cuz I wont make it. I nailed on it and carved right through. He was amazed. lol
I him just because its got 4 drs doesnt mean its a slouch. Would prob run circles around my Z with the right driver.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
No way! Surely it isn't listed as a primary vehicle then?!
yes primary.

28, married, clean record all discounts available

Hell my 96 cummins dually is only $30 cheaper ever 6 months!

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Alot of people picking up mitsu evos lately on SF, GROUP BUY??:)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts